Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-09-30 02:30:54

davidradix

Windows app saves data in my Documents folder

I installed the latest Adobe Connect app on my Windows 10 machine and at first run it created a data cache folder in my Documents folder. This folder gets backed up to my cloud storage and synced across devices, so I don't want Adobe Connect to cache its data there. I don't have any other apps that do this, they all use C:\Users\Username\AppData. Is there anyway to change the default location of this folder?
The only workaround I've found is to use the browser instead. Are there any downsides to using the browser?

#2 2021-09-30 15:35:51

alistairlee

Re: Windows app saves data in my Documents folder

Hi David,

I don't believe there is any way to change the default location of this cache. It's safe to delete, but it will get created again the next time you use the desktop application.

The browser client is pretty robust but has a couple of minor downsides compared to the application:
- Screensharing requires the application, this isn't available in the browser
- Audio and video performance is better in the application. The browser will only show 2 video feeds.

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2021-10-01 08:03:59

davidradix

Re: Windows app saves data in my Documents folder

Hi Alistair

Thanks for the reply. I have found a way to exclude the folder from the cloud sync process, but its good to know that I can safely delete it. I'll give the desktop app another go.

David

Board footer