Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-08-10 20:34:01

jbraach

Event Registration management via web api

All of our events require registration and approval of each registrant.  This is done for legal reasons, and is currently a manual process.

Event is created -> Registration URL is created

• Guests register via URL, providing extra information via registration questions

• Guest list is retrieved manually via the report mechanism (so all the additional info is included) -> Manually filtered via Excel

• Excel list is processed via an internal tool to verify registration information matches our records

• -> Matching list is approved manually in Adobe Connect event management

• -> Non-matching list is manually rejected (generally the issue is resolved and the user re-registers with the correct info)

This process is a bit complex and I'm looking to automate it using the web APIs.  The problem with the existing web interface is:

• There doesn't seem to be a way to download the list of users with their registered/approve/denied status

• There doesn't seem to be a way to just download a list of users pending approval

• You can filter by registration status in "Participant Management", but you can't download that filtered list

• In order to get the registration questions, you have to generate a user report, but I can't find a way to include the registration status in the report

Even if I could get a CSV file with all the information I need, I'd still have to go back and manually approve everyone after manually processing the list against our database... It would be better, but still a lot of manual work.

In short, I need a way to get all of the participants registered for an event, including all of their registration question responses and registration status (or a way to filter by "pending").  Then I need a way to update the registration status to "approved" or "deny" so the system can send the appropriate emails. 

I don't see any APIs in the documentation that can do these things, but they must exist if the admin web pages can perform these operations... I seem to be able to get some of the information i'm after via the "report-event-participants-complete-information" action, but not all of it and I can't update anything through that mechanism.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Board footer