Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-09-02 14:32:25

LBuffNCAC

Echo in audio when connecting with Macbook

When connecting with all PCs to my meeting there are no audio issues. However, when participants and/or hosts us a Macbook there is an audio echo. We have tried reconnecting to the meeting, running the Audio Setup Wizard and adjusting the microphone settings. We have tried using a headset as well.

Are there special settings that a Macbook user must employ?

#2 2020-09-30 10:04:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Echo in audio when connecting with Macbook

Try checking the mic volume. I've seen situations where the mic volume is set to 100% and this can cause an echo. Reducing the mic volume seems to fix the issue.

#3 2021-06-23 10:10:17

SitkaBay

As a producer I run into this more often than I would have thought.

Here's the problem I refer to:
When the Mac user has their mic turned on, when other attendees speak, those attendees hear a loud echo of their own voice. The Mac user hears no echo.

Through trial and error, working with Mac Hosts and Presenters, we identified a solution that works in 5 of 5 cases. A headset is required for this solution.
1) As usual, ask them to connect headset before logging in to AC
2) After logging in, use the down arrows in the Menu bar for Speaker and for Microphone. And make these settings:
  a) For Speaker select the headset
  b) For Microphone select the mic built into the Mac

Then test.

#4 2021-07-05 05:44:01

Dirk

Hi SitkaBay - I know this problems from earlier versions of the classic view and the first versions in standard view. I use my MacBooks on a daily base to participate and host Adobe Connect Meetings. I didn't expect this issues anymore since May Version of the new Mac App (in Standard View!!!). So I'd suggest to make sure that you have the most recent version of the Application (2021.4.36.64 available on https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-downloads-updates.html#Application). From my perspective voice cancellation really becomes good in the new App and you can use the internal Mic/Speaker without additional headset.

Board footer