Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-06-21 10:31:32

timdaugherty

Presenter using iPad -- No mic

I have a few presenters using iPads that are unable to start their audio and need to get them functioning. A couple observations to aid in my question:

1. App: When they are using the app, I can elevate them into a presenter role (or host for that matter) and they can start their webcam. However, no audio controls and no way to turn them on.

2. HTML: When they opt to use the web browser option on the iPad, they can see more information on the screen but I am unable to elevate them to a presenter role. I can provide them enhanced capabilities as a participant so they can start their video -- to which they are then able to get their webcam started. However, still no audio functions.

It should also be noted that they can test their audio and run through that option -- successfully allowing audio to be used. However, the test recording is very low and goes nearly unnoticeable by them. Still no audio controls after -- just the speaker control, webcam control and raise hand function.

Any help in getting the mic working? Guidance?

Thanks,

Tim

#2 2021-06-21 11:44:05

timdaugherty

Re: Presenter using iPad -- No mic

Disregard, looks like it is only available when using a phone service. Doesn't work with VOIP. Once I started the bridge, the mic option appeared. Functionality in the apps is very clunky, however. Looking forward to improvements there.

Tim

#3 2021-06-23 08:02:03

alistairlee

Hey Tim,

A new iOS app was just released that may improve the situation. Its support for audio and video has been greatly improved. I should note though that it doesn't yet support all of the features: It supports screensharing and PowerPoint content along with audio and video, but polls, MP4 video, notes, and other functionality are coming soon in some updates.

#4 2021-06-23 09:54:43

timdaugherty

Thank you!

Board footer