Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-06-01 10:12:44

DrNick

Attendees Browser settings

I have had a number of students who have been unable to use their browsers to access Adobe. These are all people using workplace machines so I suspect there are some settings that have been disabled by their IT support as standard. Is there anywhere I can get a description of the browser settings needed to support AdobeConnect?

As an example I have found a help-page from MS for Teams that shows they need to add the site/domain to a safe list to make it work when most third-party cookies etc have been disabled. Is there a similar issue for AdobeConnect? What else am I missing?

Knowing what is needed means I can send the students back to their IT teams to get this fixed.

Currently I am one frustrated soul trying to make sense of the situation so any suggestions or pointers well appreciated.

Nick

#2 2021-06-01 15:19:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Attendees Browser settings

When you say unable to use their browsers, do you mean that they got an error when the meeting launched or they never had the option to join in the browser?

#3 2021-06-08 09:33:10

DrNick

Jorma

Thanks for the response, and sorry for taking a while to respond - I only get Mondays and Tuesdays at this job.

The students are telling me that some don't get in at all, that they do not have permission to do so with the browser. They can get to the point that the browser is trying to launch Adobe but it then fails to happen saying there is a permissions error. I had this myself with Teams which is why I think it might be a browser problem, as I then fixed it.

Others get in but are unable to give permissions to mics and sometimes speakers which sounds like a pop-up blocker setting. They say they are clicking on the padlock alongside the URL.

It seems to be the same people each time which is why I think it is their set up not Adobe itself.

Any suggestions welcome at this point.

Nick

#4 2021-06-08 09:56:49

alistairlee

Hi DrNick,

I've had similar issues with AdBlock Plus running. Is it possible an ad-blocker might be preventing them getting in?

Thanks,
Alistair

#5 2021-06-08 10:14:55

DrNick

Alistair

Thanks for the response.

Individually they don't have an app like this on their machines, it is being done centrally. But I suspect this central ad-blocker is going to be behind the problem, that to conform to a central protocol some default settings are built into the browser that do just this. If this is the case knowing what Adobe needs to allow it to function on the browser means we can ask the IT teams to make some changes. What I cannot find is a list of what is required in terms of browser settings to make Adobe work.

I keep hoping...

Nick

#6 2021-08-04 10:09:00

Jorma_at_CoSo

Nick,

The list of requirements for a user to join via browser can be found on the Tech Specs page, but it doesn't cover all the scenarios of 3rd party things that can prevent access. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/t … #c95client

I'd probably put it as the user will need the ability to access the Connect account URL, and sub URLs, without restriction. This can be hard to specify with Adobe Hosted as there are a lot of sub domains used for delivering meetings. Connect, in the browser, would use HTTPS over port 443 and for the meeting in the browser should use WS/WSS protocols over ports 80/443 respectively. It may also still use RTMP/RTMPS over ports 1935/443, which some networks don't allow as readily.

Anything that restricts access to the meetings' data flow will likely cause Connect to misbehave or fail to work.

Board footer