Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-05-21 04:46:48

Battenberg

Problems Joining Meetings

In the last couple of weeks we've been having strange things happen when users try to join meetings:

- quite often, but not always, I find that meetings open in the browser even though I have the Windows app installed.  This seems to affect one meeting room more than others.

- yesterday a student (who had attended many times before) saw a message on her iPad telling her that she needed to use "a Desktop".  That seemed like strange wording, but she sent me a screenshot.

- we have a student who consistently can't get into lessons for one subjects, but can for all of the others - and when I tried I could get in and there were other students there.

Is anyone else having similar problems with the new version of Connect?

Last edited by Battenberg (2021-05-21 04:47:31)

#2 2021-05-21 15:22:45

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Problems Joining Meetings

This is likely due to some of the changes that came from the release of 11.2.

First item could be due to telling your browser to remember if you wanted to use the App or not. Setting this will mean it doesn't give you the choice again without prompting you with options.

The mobile user being told to use the Desktop version of Connect is likely due to Enhanced audio being enabled. This option means that mobile users can't join until version 3 of the App is released. Notes with the Enhanced audio option:

Use Enhanced audio*

Use this option to use enhanced audio (Opus codec).
* Users will not be able to join from mobile apps.
* Make Offline (mp4) recordings will not be possible.

The user having issues joining is harder to nail down. Can you give any more insight about what they were experiencing? Was there an error message? Did the room/content not load? Something else?

#3 2021-05-26 05:36:16

Battenberg

Re: Problems Joining Meetings

Thanks for your reply - I'll look at the browser settings for the first issue and I've disabled enhanced audio for the other one.  I'm not sure why that worked previously - maybe she'd only just installed the app and previously used the browser?

We've actually resolved the third issue - it turns out that the English lessons (the affected subject) somehow had the browser access disabled, but I can't work out how my colleague did that when it used to work.

Board footer