Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-28 14:59:30

**_mh_**

Redirect Loop/Firefox

Hey guys -

I keep trying to get to the forum using Firefox on Mac with the latest OS but I keep getting a redirect error:

//------------------------------
Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
    * NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

//------------------------------

I was able to get on the forum last night with Firefox on a WindowsXP machine now today at work on my G5 I'm having this error.  I was able to get to the forum using Safari however.

Just FYI.

Thanks,

-Mike

#2 2009-01-28 16:40:20

**_Daniel_**

Re: Redirect Loop/Firefox

I would also be interested in a fix for this. I have installed an "ie tab" extension that allows firefox to open pages in an Explorer tab, and you can manage which sites open in that extension by default. On a vista machine that we use firefox with, we've never experienced the redirect problem on the forum pages, though we have an XP machine that does run into the redirect problem on this site in Firefox (so now we use the  ie tab on the xp machine). Anyway, since it worked for Mike in XP and does not for me, seems to suggest that it may not really be about the OS...

#3 2009-01-29 12:06:13

**_dyun_**

Heya,

So we are aware of this bug, but having trouble tracking things down.  It has something to do with the cookie we are setting when you choose to have the site "remember you" on login.  Could you try to Log out of the site, delete all ConnectUsers.com cookies, and they try to login again.

If you do this, do you still see this behavior? I used to see this error all the time, but now I never see it anymore since I followed these steps making troubleshooting hard because we can't come up with a good reproducible case to debug with.

Best,
David

#4 2009-01-29 14:10:41

**_mh_**

I'm using the forum via FF on my G5 right now.  Not seeing the issue anymore, without having to delete any cookies.

However, another few issues:

-when i get an email notifying me that there's been a reply to a subscribed thread and i click on the given link it NEVER goes to the right page. always the front page.

-i've got two of my subscribed threads book marked, when i try to get to the threads from the book marks it NEVER goes to the right page. always the front page.

-if i'm logged in to the site, navigating around, sometimes, arbitrarily the site will log me out as im navigation without notification.

-if i'm logged in to the site and i get a reply link in my email for a subscribed thread and i click the link it logs me out, even if i'm logged in on another instance of the page.

#5 2009-01-29 14:12:43

**_mh_**

oh, and if you havn't noticed the forum says i Registered: 1969-12-31

also, i JUST got an email for a subscribed topic that was addressed to: Hello Daniel Lobb rather than the name i registered with.

forum and help sites seem extremely buggy.

#6 2009-02-02 15:18:10

**_Daniel_**

Hi David,
I can no longer get this problem to reproduce, unfortunately (or fortunately?) I have been browsing now in firefox, navigating all over the site, and not running into the redirect loop problem on either my Vista or XP platform. Have not deleted any cookies, it's just not happening any more.
Daniel

#7 2009-09-15 17:48:24

**_BCCAresearch_**

We've been using Opera 9 for our Connect Pro Meetings and I can't tell you how much better it works than Firefox 2/3/3.5 or IE 6/7/8. We even use in on a few Pentium 4 Windows 2k machines and for the most part it keeps up even when compared to newer machines.

Its cookie management is a lot simpler, offering to not accept either first or third party cookies, or both. Which is really nice considering ACP uses first party cookies to indicate if the add-in is installed.

Its not listed as officially supported but it handles things beautifully. A lot less buggy and uses fewer system resources. Same goes for the forums.

Last edited by **_BCCAresearch_** (2009-09-15 17:51:35)

#8 2009-12-21 14:21:04

davesawyer

Hello all,

We've recently posted an update to these forums which fixed the "Redirect Loop" problem that was affecting some users.

Please reply here if you still experience any problems.

Thanks,
Dave

#9 2010-04-16 16:17:45

davesawyer

FYI: We recently posted an update to the forums which corrected an issue that was mentioned earlier in this thread. 

Some direct forum links (such as those in forum subscription email messages) were being redirected to the forums main index page.  This issue has been fixed.

Thanks,
Dave

Board footer