Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-04-19 06:24:36

Battenberg

Connect App (Windows) won't open meetings in Standard view

I've rarely had problems with Connect myself, although I know that some of our students have, but...

Since the Connect app updated about three weeks ago, I haven't been able to use it to join meetings.  When it opens it's just a white rectangle that says "Adobe Connect" at the top-left and has the close, maximise and minimise buttons at the top-right.  I've tried removing and reinstalling, with and without clearing the browser cache (as suggested by one of the Adobe support pages - although it does seem to be their solution to every problem) to no avail.

But then I wondered what would happen if I changed the settings on the meeting room.  I changed the settings to "Classic" and the meeting opens with the app.  I switch back to Standard and it stops working again.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?  I have two computers, and this only happens on one of them - my own, which is usually less troublesome than my work computer as I'm the administrator.  I'm working at home, both are connected to the same network and there's no proxy, etc., just standard home broadband.  Meetings open in the browser, but I can't share my screen.

#2 2021-04-19 12:37:53

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Connect App (Windows) won't open meetings in Standard view

#3 2021-04-21 09:19:49

Battenberg

Thanks - that seems to have done the trick.

I haven't seen the Connect Blog before - I'll have to keep an eye on that in the future.  I have a rather elderly video card, and (just coincidence) have ordered a new one that's arriving tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see if that makes a difference.

#4 2021-04-26 08:17:46

Battenberg

The new video card sorted out the original problem - although that's a rather extreme solution unless you just happened to already have one on order!

Board footer