Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-04-15 15:23:08

timdaugherty

Webcam improperly allowed for participant?

During an event (Seminar Room) today (15 April), I had a couple people in the participant category that randomly opened their webcam. Not sure how that occurred as they should have NOT had that ability.

Any thoughts? Happening to anyone? Mistake somewhere on my part?

Tim

#2 2021-04-19 12:52:08

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Webcam improperly allowed for participant?

This should only happen if those users or all participants were given rights to broadcast their cameras. Check the camera menu at the top of the room to see if Enable/Disable Webcam for Participants is showing "Enable Webcam for Participants.

The other option would be if you hover your mouse over a participant you should see an option to grant that individual, or the individuals you have selected, the ability to broadcast their camera.

#3 2021-04-22 10:42:29

timdaugherty

Thanks. I didn't check the drop-down menu but certainly didn't enable it. I didn't think to check it during that iteration to make sure something didn't switch.

However, I did check the individual in the attendee pod and it still showed the option there to grant those rights. I'm assuming, then, that the drop-down may be the culprit. I'll monitor next time and see if it occurs again.

Appreciate the tip.

Tim

#4 2021-06-30 11:38:20

timdaugherty

FYI, I've been informed that this is a glitch being repaired. This occurred again yesterday. According to my Adobe rep, this is a known issue and is being corrected. He also mentioned something about a workaround and "how they are allowed into the room." Unfortunately, no details on the workaround.

Any knowledge on this out there? Any help?

Thanks,

Tim

Board footer