Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-03-23 12:23:27

rjp

Browser view and video pod

I host webcasts for our organization, and for audience convenience, I allow browser view. I also set the video pod view as grid and force presenter view.

However, browser view goes to filmstrip view no matter what I do.

Thoughts, anyone?

#2 2021-03-24 13:31:42

Garjan

Re: Browser view and video pod

Hi there. A while back our company did some investigating and found info on this after the 11.0 update - Long story short is we found that participants coming in via browser do not currently have the capability to view more than 2 live video feeds at one time, and the feeds are sorted in filmstrip view under the live feeds by force.

Last edited by Garjan (2021-03-24 15:04:49)

#3 2021-03-26 10:56:35

alistairlee

Yes, the web browser will currently only show two live feeds in the video pod whereas the application will show all feeds. The reason is to keep the audio quality - which can be negatively impacted by having so many resources processing video - as high as possible.

We are looking at some alternatives to this though. It's important that a host knows exactly what everyone else in the room is seeing. Stay tuned.

#4 2021-04-01 14:10:14

rjp

Thanks for the info to all. In this particular webcast, we had three speakers. Images of all three were present in the browser/filmstrip view. Just one was moving - the others were paused, which is fine, as long as it recognizes who is speaking.

It's just that the filmstrip view places the speaker who logs in first at the top/big image view and doesn't change that for the entire time, no matter who is talking. The audience member can change this but I doubt any audience member knew this. And the host can't change the order or size, as far as I can tell.

So it looks like the white guy who just happened to log in first got big placement above the two women, one of color. One of the women was the moderator of our event but got tiny-image treatment. Not. Good. Optics.

Should I simply disallow the browser until this is resolved by Adobe?

Board footer