Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-02-23 10:30:57

TWmsi

VPN Drops

I understand that it is not recommended to be connected and using a VPN while using AC, but in my companies line of work it is occasionally mandatory.

Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas on how to make the connection to the room and AC as stable as possible? Some days we get 6 drops from the room an hour due to this issue.

We are all hardwired ethernet with 1Gig speeds.

Any help/tips/info is much appreciated!

#2 2021-02-23 12:51:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: VPN Drops

You should work with the IT department to whitelist traffic to the Adobe Connect account. Having a split tunnel allowing RTMPS traffic to the servers for the meeting application should resolve the drops and latency.

#3 2021-02-24 08:49:35

timdaugherty

We have similar problems but mostly when people don't follow directions and close their VPN prior to joining an Adobe Connect event.

That said, other things we recommend to them are:
1. Hardwired -- as you already mentioned
2. Close down all other applications to maximize what bandwidth you do have available
3. Especially close down all other virtual platforms. Our enterprise solution is different than AC and we've experienced more issues than normal when people have both open. So, while it may take a bit more arm twisting to get them to shut down their email application, make it mandatory that they close down any other virtual platforms before joining.
4. "Before joining" is a key component. Some people forget and do it during the event and then wonder why they are having problems. The process is just as important as the action...before the event!

Hope this helps.

#4 2021-02-26 09:36:16

TWmsi

@Jorma_at_CoSo would you be willing to talk in private about this topic at all? I would genuinely like to pick your brain for a minute or two and it may be easier to do via email or phone if thats alright?

@timdaugherty thank you for the insight! I will make sure to pass these ideas onto my colleagues

#5 2021-03-12 15:51:36

Jorma_at_CoSo

TWmsi, sure, happy to have a conversation with you. Feel free to reach out to me jorma.jennings[at]cosocloud.com.

Board footer