Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-03-11 19:44:52

jbraach

Adding new invitees after invitation email has already been sent

Let's say I have an event scheduled for Friday, so I sent the invitations to go out on Monday to a fixed list of email addresses.  Then let's say I get a list of additional people to invite on Tuesday and add them via the User Management tool.  How do I get the invitation email to be sent to the new additions without re-sending to everyone on the list?

Is this even possible?  Or do I have to reset the "Send E-mail by" setting of my "Send event invitations" trigger and have it send a fresh email to everyone?  That would be less than ideal, as I'd rather not spam everyone, especially those who have already registered/confirmed.

I guess the real question is, how does one properly handle last-minute entries?

#2 2021-03-12 12:36:47

timdaugherty

Re: Adding new invitees after invitation email has already been sent

I'm interested in this as well. However, one option would be to email them a more "personal" message providing the link to your registration landing page -- then allow them to flow through registering, confirmation emails and reminder emails as normal. While not as glamorous as the invitation email others received, it at least gets them into the pipeline.

Again, watching to see what other people suggest.

Tim

#3 2021-03-12 14:42:18

Jorma_at_CoSo

Doesn't it just send the invite email when you add new emails to the event?

Did you test by adding an alternate email for yourself?

#4 2021-03-12 15:31:32

jbraach

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Doesn't it just send the invite email when you add new emails to the event?

Yes, I've tried it - no joy.  The new guests/users show up in the list, but no email send event is triggered for the additions.

timdaugherty wrote:

... to email them a more "personal" message providing the link to your registration landing page

This is a very small event to demo the tool to some folks in my organization, so personal emails in this case aren't a problem.  If the demo goes well however, we'd want to use it for much larger events.  In our physical events in the past we _always_ had last-minute registrations (once we had 70 the night before), so this is very much something I want to plan for.  If the tool just doesn't have a mechanism built-in, I'll have to come up with an alternative.

Board footer