Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-03-05 16:48:59

DaveGordon

Leading space character appearing in downloaded reports-Version 11.2

Hello,

We have noticed since our 2/28/21 upgrade to version: 11.2 that cells in downloaded .csv reports now contain a leading space in almost all fields. We have gone back to reports downloaded prior to the upgrade and do not see this.

Having to perform =TRIM() before being able to use the data in the cells is both labor intensive and stupid.

Has anyone else noticed this anomaly? Moreover, does Adobe have any news of providing a fix?

#2 2021-03-12 16:03:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Leading space character appearing in downloaded reports-Version 11.2

You may want to ask Adobe directly. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pport.html

Are you seeing this in downloads from the Connect Central UI or from reports downloaded with API calls?

#3 2021-03-19 08:10:45

alistairlee

Hi Dave,

The was added to 11.2 reports on purpose. According the the engineering team, the absence of a space or other leading character that clearly identifies the field as a text field is potentially susceptible to a CSV formula injection attack. By adding the space as a leading character, this eliminates that possibility.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

#4 2021-03-26 09:48:20

DaveGordon

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for the explanation. In the future, I would like to request that Release Notes regarding this type of modification include more specificity and be more descriptive than the "4124871 - Fixed a potential CSV injection vulnerability".

It would also be nice to offer this as an administrator-level toggle to disable it. Some of our other applications do not allow for a fuzzy search criteria, so we have to manually use =TRIM to remove the leading spaces in downloaded records prior to searching with the native downloaded data in the fields.

Thanks again.

Dave

#5 2021-03-26 10:08:28

alistairlee

Thanks Dave - I understand the sentiment and agree. I'll pass it on to the team.

Board footer