Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-12-22 12:10:03

GRauchfuss

Clarify Effect of 11.2 on Recordings

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/using/launch-workflow-changes-post11-2.html

"Recordings can be converted to mp4 in the Classic view only using the old application."  How will that work since I'll need to have the 11.2 application installed in order to run meetings?

"Any flash-based content will not be visible in the Standard view."  What date did Adobe stop converting uploaded content to Flash format? Am I correct to assume that PPT shown in recordings prior to that date will not be visible?

#2 2021-01-01 18:07:50

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Clarify Effect of 11.2 on Recordings

Adobe Connect has been converting all uploaded content to a hybrid of Flash and HTML since the release of Connect 10.

Since the MP4 conversion is done in the App, it is not affected by the 2021 end of life of Flash in the browser. You should be able to continue to convert recordings to MP4 and Adobe should have a solution by or before June(ish) when the Classic view is depreciated.

#3 2021-02-05 10:08:14

alistairlee

The latest versions of the application for both Windows and macOS include both Classic view and Standard view. Classic view will continue to be used to convert recordings to offline MP4 files.

#4 2021-03-04 04:02:40

AB

So when will it be possible to make mp4 downloads in standard view? It always leads to unpleasant customer queries why the recording looks different from the live webinar.

#5 2021-03-12 15:44:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

Not at this time. I expect to see that as a future enhancement of the Desktop Application for Standard mode.

Board footer