Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-02-23 13:59:22

reveiwer

Could not run connect.exe since yesterday

I could log in from desktop application normally on Sunday. But on Monday when I tried the old way it says either I could use browser or I could upgrade. I had tried connectshellsetup11, and connectappsetup11_2021_2_18. Both had the same issue: I could download successfully and had shortcuts from start and from desktop. I noticed that there is a debuglog in the download location. But as long as I clicked on adobe connect, it exited like in one second. I checked task manager two processes of adobe connect appeared and disappeared in one second. When I tried to launch from chrome, I launched the old app, and it still said I need to upgrade. This old connect.exe is in Appdata/roaming/adobe/connect/oldapp. I chatted with support staff and let him remote control but it did not work as well. The support guy said he would bring it to team. Please let me know if someone could figure it out how to fix this. I don't have another computer currently and not sure if it is something buggy with this release or my computer(other apps working well). Tried running as administrator and it still stopped in one second.

Last edited by reveiwer (2021-02-23 14:41:45)

#2 2021-02-23 14:40:27

reveiwer

Re: Could not run connect.exe since yesterday

It might be something with my end. But could I figure out what ends the application with some log? Some engineers might help?

#3 2021-02-23 17:12:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Could not run connect.exe since yesterday

By default, the out of the box/download installation, the Adobe Connect Meeting application will generate a debug log during an HTML5 Meeting and then overwrite it with each subsequent Meeting. The name of the log is ConnectCefApp.log in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\ConnectCefApp.log or C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ConnectCefApp.log

That should be where you can find the log.

Board footer