Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-02-05 08:51:00

cuc1573057728

VoIP drops when starting breakout (Phone users stay, VoIP users drop)

Hello,

I have been tinkering with this one for awhile, and can't seem to get it working.
The rooms we run are a mix of audio (phone users and Voip) - the host needs to dial in with a moderator code to open the audio and connect everyone.

If the moderator comes in the phone, and the meeting that has microphone and phone audio turned on, both users can hear and interact just fine in the MAIN room.

When I try to use breakout rooms, the phone users move in alright, but the VoIP users are dropped from audio - they get the following message "Microphone Disconnected - Conference Options changed or speaking rights suspended by hosts." - this is true form the browser experience in all my testing.

If I test from the application, it is the same thing. The microphone is disabled upon move into the breakout, and the user is severed from the audio. They can rejoin but only via phone.

It is as if the breakout rooms themselves are configured to force telephone audio only. I do not see a spot in Connect central to change this. Any idea?

The result, is that my VoIP users can not use their PC audio, and are forced to drop and call in which is not always an option for them. Just as it is not an option to always have the phone users come in using VoIP.

Interestingly,

If I try to run a entirely VoIP meeting and select “Do not include any audio conference with this meeting" - the room opens and the conference line hold music plays. If the moderator comes in with ONLY VoIP then the hold music plays and the room never engages the audio, the VoIP users can hear each other, but the hold music never stops. Once we move into breakout rooms in this set up, all users are disconnected and prompted to dial in.

Teams does this fine, as does WebEx...i am SURE Connect can do it...but i can get it working. - Thoughts on this one?

#2 2021-02-15 14:35:22

jspady

Re: VoIP drops when starting breakout (Phone users stay, VoIP users drop)

Following this message thread too.

#3 2021-02-15 16:03:47

SitkaBay

AC does not support mixed audio in breakout rooms. Everyone must use the same audio type: VoIP or phone. It's been this way since AC was Macromedia Breeze (a gazillion years ago). Sorry!
AC does support mixed audio if BRs are not used, as you pointed out.

#4 2021-02-18 14:42:38

timdaugherty

Following. Seems like a huge gap that needs fixed.

#5 2021-03-16 15:40:34

Pkeschinger

I reached out to a contact at Adobe the other day regarding this to make sure it is still the same. Hybrid option isn't available in BO rooms. We used for the first time today VoIP only option and it worked great. The only issue was everyone coming back unmuted.

Board footer