Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-02-03 11:15:12

Battenberg

Screen Jumping/Twitching During Meeting

A number of our students has reported the screen "jumping" or "twitching" during lessons, and I wasn't sure what they meant.  Today, one of them has sent me a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13bHClB … sp=sharing

The problem seems to be that the browser can't make up its mind whether the page is too big for the viewport, and keeps turning the scrollbars on and off.

I've suggested trying to resize the window, but has anyone else encountered this?  I'm guessing that it's caused by a specific screen size and/or aspect ratio as it doesn't seem to happen for most students using Edge.

#2 2021-02-17 09:21:35

TWmsi

Re: Screen Jumping/Twitching During Meeting

This exact thing just happened to me yesterday. I ended up resizing my screen and it seemed to work but I was the presenter so I was able to resize the host/presenter area and it seemed to take care of the problem. I havent had a student with the same issue but perhaps you could try resizing a pod or two slightly and see if that resolves it for them.

#3 2021-02-17 15:19:20

alistairlee

Re: Screen Jumping/Twitching During Meeting

I've experienced the same thing (and also made a video). The culprit was the share pod being slightly too big. It was causing scroll bars to appear, then disappear constantly - creating the twitching. Not everyone experiences it due to different screen resolutions.

I'm not sure if the issue has been addressed in 11.2, but it's easy to prevent it by ensuring your pods aren't so large they go off screen. I've only seen it happen with a share pod.

Board footer