Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-06 16:33:48

ReganB

Rooms won't open in the new "Standard" view - only in "Classic" view

None of my rooms will open in the new view. I have them all set to the "Standard" view, and I had no problem entering in that format until December. Now everything opens in the old "Classic" view. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app, but it doesn't make any difference. What am I missing? And how did this change happen when I was using the new "Standard" view just fine for over a month? TIA

#2 2021-01-06 18:03:41

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Rooms won't open in the new "Standard" view - only in "Classic" view

Are you seeing any errors? Is it hanging on the loading screen at about 80%? Any other clues you can provide?

#3 2021-01-06 18:08:59

ReganB

I'm not seeing anything like that. It just loads in the old view.

#4 2021-01-06 18:32:53

ReganB

An additional piece of information - don't know if it's relevant or not. When I click the button to enter the meeting room, there's that page that opens that says "Meeting didn't open..." before the app kicks in and opens. That page has an option to open the meeting in a browser instead of the app. When I click on that option, I get this message:

Unable to Validate User
You cannot access this meeting because your meeting login has expired. Please log in to the meeting in a new window.

#5 2021-01-07 10:09:58

Jorma_at_CoSo

Odd, not sure how much I can help. You may need to reach out to Adobe Support directly, 800-945-9120 or https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pport.html

The Meeting didn't open page is the normal page that shows in case the App doesn't launch.

Have you tried launching the room using the app? Maybe removing the browser from the equation will help?

#6 2021-01-07 15:05:40

alistairlee

Each room is set with a 'default' view which can be configured by the owner. If the host set the room to 'Classic', then opening with the old view is by design.

If these are your rooms, you can edit the meeting info to see which interface is selected: Classic or Standard.

#7 2021-01-07 16:03:50

ReganB

All of my rooms were set to "Standard" instead of "Classic" back in November. They are still set to open in "Standard" view but they open in "Classic" view. I always open in the app, but for some reason it is opening the meetings in Classic view. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the app, but nothing changes. I'm completely at a loss regarding what to do next.

Board footer