Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-12-22 15:36:16

JacobBrint

Prevent users from joining an event early

Hello,

Our event hosts would like a way to make it so they can be in an event room before allowing any attendees to join. I am not sure how to accomplish this, below I have included some potential ideas.

1. I would like to be able to require that everyone be allowed access to our event room by a host through the general popup even if they have been approved within participant management.

2. Is there a way to enable a waiting room style feature before allowing attendees in an event?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

#2 2021-01-01 18:03:01

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Prevent users from joining an event early

Events are a method that pre-approves users to join, so #1 is not going to work with an Event. I suppose you could enable the Block Incoming Attendees option in the Meeting/Seminar room and it would force all Participant users to click the request entry button and a Host would have to let them in, but that feels like a cumbersome workflow. Ultimately the ask for #1 is what the basic access workflows of Meetings and Seminars are without the Events module.

The Block Incoming Attendees option could give the feel of #2. However, for events I run, I have a lobby layout that all the attendees see when they join and the Hosts and Presenters for the session get pulled into a Breakout room, which is isolated from the main meeting. We can then do audio checks and run through the presentation and any questions without the attendees seeing or hearing what we are doing.

Board footer