Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-12-21 09:25:18

alistairlee

Transitioning from Flash

Hey folks,

Last week, I published a blog post on the important dates around our transition from Flash to and HTML-based architecture.

From a product perspective, most of the transition is complete with our new HTML client and desktop apps. But there are some important dates for anyone using the Classic view.
https://blogs.adobe.com/adobeconnect/20 … flash.html

December 31st: Flash reaches EOL. Classic view will not be available using Flash in a browser.
February 2021: Adobe Connect 11.2 will require a meeting organizer to choose between Classic view and Standard view. A mix of interfaces will not be available. Standard view will become the new default.
June 2021: Classic view will be deprecated in late June 2021.

The blog post includes much more information and we're continuing to create new resources to help customers who have not yet transitioned. I'll be sure to post them in this new forum.

#2 2020-12-22 10:51:34

GRauchfuss

Re: Transitioning from Flash

The app will not fully load a meeting in Standard view on my agency's network. I've been working with Adobe engineers who have not fully diagnosed the issue (after 3 months), but indicated that it will be fixed in release 11.2. If it is not fixed, any ideas on how we get the product to work since I  know our IT departments will block Flash from running on our machines.

Generally, I think adobe has really botched this transition and is releasing products that do not function. Your engineers did not know that the File sharing pod did not work correctly in version 11.0 until I demonstrated the failure. That does not make me confident about the product.

Just saying....

Last edited by GRauchfuss (2020-12-22 10:54:13)

#3 2020-12-23 10:11:23

cuc1512747397

GRauchfuss wrote:

The app will not fully load a meeting in Standard view on my agency's network. I've been working with Adobe engineers who have not fully diagnosed the issue (after 3 months), but indicated that it will be fixed in release 11.2. If it is not fixed, any ideas on how we get the product to work since I  know our IT departments will block Flash from running on our machines.

Generally, I think adobe has really botched this transition and is releasing products that do not function. Your engineers did not know that the File sharing pod did not work correctly in version 11.0 until I demonstrated the failure. That does not make me confident about the product.

Just saying....

The two things that I'm aware of that break Standard view in the new client are 1) locations that use proxy servers and 2) user desktops running on Windows Terminal Servers.  We're in the same boat as you that we can't use Standard view right now because it doesn't work in too many places.

Supposedly Adobe is aware of #1.  I tried opening a ticket with Adobe about #2 since it causes a potential security problem and it was closed without action.

#4 2021-01-15 14:12:50

Amy Winston

Hi - I'm trying to fix the branding that doesn't show up in my meetings in Standard view. I have it selected for HTML, but there is still a Customize Meeting tab in Connect Central that asks for Flash.  Any ideas?

#5 2021-01-15 15:20:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

The Flash room customization page is for the Flash or Classic mode of the meeting/webinar. You will likely not be able to modify that at this point. There is also a Customize HTML Meeting tab that you can customize the Standard or HTML version of the meeting/webinar. Use that one moving forward.

#6 2021-02-04 14:24:06

cuc1573057728

Has anyone else had extreme screen-share failures with Connect post shift to new application?
I am having instructors, and SME alike experience repeated screen-share fails...they will share and then it will drop the screenshare out back to share pod.

I have had these users un-install, reinstall, run it classic, run it in standard...and it is the same for them. Has anyone else run into this? I need some guidance here.

Thanks

#7 2021-02-15 11:17:06

keoni

Is the standard view compliant to WebRTC?

#8 2021-02-16 09:17:41

alistairlee

Hi keoni,

The Standard view does not currently use WebRTC.

Thanks.

#9 2021-02-25 02:33:10

cuc1613636097

We have switched from Classic to Standard view and are using the AC with the desktop application (PC). As soon as we are using webcams the audio / video is out of sync (around 1sec). We are experiencing this issue at all of our locations and PCs (but not in the browser, there the video is perfectly in sync with the audio).

Is there anything that we can do to sync audio and video? It is really hard to attend a session with the video out of sync...

Last edited by cuc1613636097 (2021-02-25 02:35:00)

Board footer