Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-10-22 10:23:01

Wombat55

Video Image that I see of myself

I have only recently had to attend some events as a participant on Adobe Connect having previously always used Zoom. The image I see of myself seems to focus in on just my face so any movement left or right and I disappear off screen. When I use Zoom with the same webcam the video image is much more wide angled showing background and space left and right. I cannot find any option to change this. I have tried a different webcam attached to my desktop computer by USB but it makes no difference and feels very uncomfortable.

The other issue is that I cannot find any option to mirror my image which feels much more comfortable.

Any help appreciated.

I am only a participant in meetings using the Adobe Connect App.

#2 2020-10-30 10:35:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Video Image that I see of myself

The host of the room can change the camera image from a 4:3 to a 16:9 image aspect ratio. That may help, but it's not a change you can make as a participant.

#3 2020-12-04 11:02:31

Hirstian

I guess this is a general issue that lots of us seems to have with Adobe Connect (unlike Zoom or Teams) not liking certain HD webcams and zooming in too much so you get a full screen of face unless you move 3 meteres back!  I've not had any joy with this from the tech team at Adobe so far but any suggestions here would be useful!

#4 2020-12-16 08:51:47

dr172

We do lots of virtual events (as I'm sure most of us), and I have found that Adobe Connect is the worst at video and audio of the major platforms without exception.  As a general rule if we want Adobe Connect for an event (because we also believe overall it is the best -- even with the subpar video and audio) we minimize any video and use an external audio conference call system.  Answering your question, I've found virtual webcam software as the best solution for Connect. I generally use ManyCam (www.manycam.com) but there are a million of them out there.  Most virtual webcam software will let you change the frame rate and resolution that is being provided as the webcam source. Most platforms don't care and will accept a variety -- except Adobe Connect. As such, I need to have this software to reduce my frame rate to something that Connect will accept. When I have to integrate professional cameras, I generally connect them to my Blackmagic ATEM Mini hardware capture and then feed that into the PC and use ManyCam to then feed the ATEM source into Connect. Ideal? No, but Connect won't accept the frame rates of the cameras I use.  I have an event coming up in a foreign country soon that we are going to use a combination of Zoom (for the superior audio, video and ability for simultaneous language translation) and Adobe Connect for the activities and visuals.  Ideal? nope. But it'll be the best for this use case. Hope that helps.

Derek

Board footer