- Topics: Active | Unanswered
#1 2020-11-30 12:12:17
Webcam not connected on iMac running Big Sur (even after patch)
My 2020 iMac running Big Sur is getting a "webcam not detected" error when trying to use my webcam. I have tried the following:
- Using both the built-in FaceTime HD camera and an external Logitech 4K camera
- Updating with the latest Adobe Connect patch as posted in the blog for Big Sur users
- Enabling Adobe in Security settings to allow webcams
- Right clicking global settings to enable flash and access to webcams in the Connect platform
Interesting, my built-in and external cameras work for other software programs (which I close when using Connect).
I do not have this problem (i.e., webcam is detected) with my 2019 MacBook Pro, which is running Big Sur, after installing the aforementioned update.
Any other ideas to explore?