Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-11-21 09:22:50

DvG

MP4 freezing in Adobe Connect 11

Dear Adobe Connect users

We were running a large conference on Adobe Connect over four days. Participants were in the application (Classic view), application (Standard view) and HTML client.

Whenever we played MP4 video in the Share pod, it would freeze for many participants at some point. We couldn’t identify a pattern (although most occurred in the HTML client or new Windows application). Videos were encoded H264, 720x480, 512kbps, 24fps.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts as to why this might happen?

#2 2021-01-06 11:49:48

MonicaK

Re: MP4 freezing in Adobe Connect 11

My understanding is that this is a huge issue for many customers. Ever since the 11 upgrade, we have been having the same issue - videos that worked fine in the previous version are now suddenly freezing for some, but not all users. The other weird thing is that it's not always the same users who are having the issues. For example, as host, sometimes my video freezes, but it continues to play for some of the participants. Other times, my video continues to play, but it freezes for some of the participants. I have reached out to Support multiple times and have just been told they're working on it.

It is extremely frustrating to me that they don't send out a mass notification to folks to let them know they may run into this issue. Since I've become aware of the issue as host, I've been a participant in other trainings (from external organizations, so it's not just an internal issue), and the same thing happens to them. The poor host has no idea what's going on until I privately message them and say, "Yeah, it's an Adobe Connect issue." and then they have to scramble to figure out what to do. Adobe Connect should really be upfront about this issue and let people know so they can make back-up plans if it does happen for folks (such as having a URL link available to post in the chat if possible).

One thing I have witnessed be somewhat successful is that when it does freeze for some people, those folks log out and then log back in. However, I've only seen that be successful in small group settings (8 or fewer participants).

#3 2021-11-02 05:30:24

cuc1635848894

Re: MP4 freezing in Adobe Connect 11

Hi

We are running the latest version 11.3.0b on-premise and I still have the same issue as you describe.
Have this been solved for you?

Board footer