Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-11-19 04:04:47

Battenberg

Using Connect with Linux

Does anyone use Connect with Linux?

I've just been investigating an issue whereby some of our users that claim to have the app installed are directed to the HTML client without being given a choice, so I was trying different configurations.  My PC has dual boot with Windows and Ubuntu, so I thought I'd see what happens in Linux.

If I try to join a meeting in either Chrome or Firefox I just get a message to say that I need to have Flash installed.  I've tried clearing all browsing data in case it's remembered some choice from before, but it's still the same - no choice of app or browser, just the message about Flash.

#2 2020-11-20 14:52:25

Susan

Re: Using Connect with Linux

Hi,

try adding ?html-view=true (i.e. https://xxxx.adobeconnect.com/room/?html-view=true) to the URL and check again. I had a participant on Linux who ran into the problem as well but was able to call up the room in Firefox when changing the URL.

Cheers,
Susan

#3 2020-11-22 14:49:07

Battenberg

Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem with that approach is that our students join meetings by clicking a link on their timetables, and if we add ?html-view=true to the URL then those who want to use the Windows and Mac apps will also be directed to the HTML client.

The mystery is why the operating system makes a difference - it works in Windows and ChromeOS when the app isn't installed.

#4 2020-11-28 10:40:12

Susan

Hi,

just a question: Did you enable the classic interface for browser users in the room settings? If you did, does the problem still occur with Linux users after disabling classic view for browsers? It looks as if Linux browsers check for that first.

Cheers,
Susan

Board footer