Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-11-02 16:44:08

timdaugherty

Some presenters unable to share video in HTML

I'm experiencing an issue where some of my presenters are unable to share their camera. They are on PCs (Dell Laptops) using Edge as their browser -- so NOT using the app. Seems random but I'm unable to direct them to a solution. Any tips or ideas?

#2 2020-11-13 19:48:40

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Some presenters unable to share video in HTML

The browser version of the HTML client of Connect is pretty limited. Some browsers will only use the devices that are seen by the OS as the default devices. And if something else is using your camera, Connect won't be able to use it. Does their video show up as a black box or do they get an error message?

#3 2020-11-17 11:18:30

Battenberg

Old Edge or new Chromium-based Edge?

I've noticed that the old Edge (which we still have on our corporate devices, despite the new version coming out at the start of the year) doesn't work well with the Connect - often the sound doesn't work properly, and screen shares are just a black rectangle when they work in other browsers.

#4 2020-11-23 11:54:33

timdaugherty

Thank you! For my users not able to share their cameras, they don't even get the option in Connect. The drop-down for video doesn't give them the selection as to what camera to select. It's almost like Connect thinks they don't have a camera at all so it isn't giving them the option to set one up.

Very random so far but I appreciate the versioning of Edge. Likely not the case as our enterprise keeps that up pretty well.

Tim

#5 2020-11-23 11:56:31

timdaugherty

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

The browser version of the HTML client of Connect is pretty limited. Some browsers will only use the devices that are seen by the OS as the default devices. And if something else is using your camera, Connect won't be able to use it. Does their video show up as a black box or do they get an error message?

Our enterprise does use another virtual meetings platform so I'm wondering if they might still have that open (though not in use) and it is somehow keeping the system from recognizing their camera. I'll check on this the next time I troubleshoot. Assuming, then, that I have them shut down both the other virtual platform as well as Connect and then relaunch Connect into our meeting.

Tim

Board footer