Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-10-29 10:00:40

GRauchfuss

App Not Launching in Standard View

The new app will not fully launch Standard view when connected to our company network via hard wire or VPN. Classic view still fully connects. Users are able to connect via Standard view web browser; however some are experiencing issues with web cams not working. Any ideas what is causing this.

#2 2020-10-30 10:47:50

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: App Not Launching in Standard View

You may need to talk with your IT department to ensure that the WSS connection over port 443 is allowed to the Connect servers. This is the new protocol that is used with the HTML client in Connect, rather than (well kind of in addition to) the old RTMPS protocol over port 443.

#3 2020-11-15 09:26:14

Chris Zabriskie

I noticed the comment below.  I'm having a lot of problems with one of our clients who uses a Cisco VPN.  The connection with Adobe Connect is irregular and generally very poor, with participants experiencing audio connection issues, and generally being disconnected randomly, but more frequently during breakout activities.

I was wondering if there is some general (or specific) guidance I can ask my client's IT department to follow in order to adjust the VPN access/Port settings to prevent such connection issues in the future.

"You may need to talk with your IT department to ensure that the WSS connection over port 443 is allowed to the Connect servers. This is the new protocol that is used with the HTML client in Connect, rather than (well kind of in addition to) the old RTMPS protocol over port 443."

#4 2020-11-17 18:45:16

Jorma_at_CoSo

Having traffic over those ports and protocols allowed to the *.adobeconnect.com domain would be the easy path, but most IT departments don't like that wide open of a door. You may need to work with Adobe Support to identify the IP range of the server cluster you are on to whitelist for those protocols and ports.

Board footer