Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-11-12 05:47:45

cuc1605177756

Pdf share

Hi
We use adobe connect 10.6 when presenter share a pdf document participants who used html5 mode can't see the document and receive message unsupported content.
Is it possible to fix this issue?

Last edited by cuc1605177756 (2020-11-12 05:48:26)

#2 2020-11-13 19:58:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Pdf share

You may need to re-upload the PDFs. If they were uploaded prior to 10.6 then they may just have the Flash wrapper used for displaying them in Connect.

#3 2020-11-16 23:42:38

natachu

I'm having the same issue with my PDFs. Are there other workarounds or suggestions I might try?

• I downloaded a PDF from the Adobe Connect room (that was created before Connect 11) and tried uploading it back into the same using Standard View. Connect says it can't support the content.

• I re-exported the PDF from the original Word doc (exported from MS Word using File > Save as Adobe PDF) then uploaded it to that same Adobe Connect room using Standard View. Connect says it can't support the content.

• I converted the original Word doc to PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC, then optimized it (using File > Save As Other > Optimized PDF, changing the settings to Mobile then making it compatible for Acrobat 10.0 or later) then uploaded it to that same Adobe Connect room using Standard View. Connect says it can't support the content.

• I uploaded all these PDF files into a room that was built after Adobe Connect 11 was introduced. Connect says it can't support the content.

Last edited by natachu (2020-11-16 23:53:00)

#4 2020-11-17 18:50:45

Jorma_at_CoSo

My next suggestion would be to do to Adobe with the issue. I'm not seeing the same issue, so it's hard to point you in a good direction.

Are you creating the PDF's with any security settings or interactivity?

#5 2020-11-17 23:14:06

natachu

I wasn't the author of the document so I can't tell you a whole lot about interactivity.

What I was able to find was this:

• In the original Word doc, there is a SmartArt design with links to H1 Headings in the document. The SmartArt design is used as a table of contents.

• In the footer of the document is a document link that will take a viewer back to this SmartArt design table of contents.

• Other links include an email link and links to websites.

All interactivity is done with links within Word.

#6 2020-11-17 23:25:23

natachu

I dug a little deeper and tried to launch the PDFs from its URL for Viewing link (found in the uploaded content section of the Adobe Connect user meetings dashboard). I clicked on the URL and got the following error message: "Either pdf is corrupted or pdfURL parameter is missing."

I will report back any workarounds for this. Appreciate advice on how to handle this issue :).

Board footer