Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-11-06 09:15:59

DvG

Launch options pop-up not appearing in Windows 10

I am on Windows 10; when accessing an Adobe Connect room (HTML client enabled) I do not get the launch options pop-up (instead it always opens the application). I have tried on two Windows 10 computers in Edge, Firefox and Chrome (cache, cookies and browsing history cleared). Any suggestions, anyone?

#2 2020-11-10 13:58:56

Susan

Re: Launch options pop-up not appearing in Windows 10

Hi,

are the check marks for browser usage set in the room settings in the administration area? If there aren't any check marks set the room will open in the app only.

Cheers,
Susan

#3 2020-11-10 18:23:53

DvG

Hello Susan,

Yes, HTML client is enabled. On Mac, tablets and older versions of Windows I get the launch options pop-up, but not on Windows 10 computers.

#4 2020-11-13 19:54:59

Jorma_at_CoSo

Are you joining with a username and password that has Host credentials for the room? It may be that Connect starts with the App because that gives you full functionality in the room (screen sharing) which you won't have in the browser.

#5 2020-11-17 09:53:08

Battenberg

I was just about to ask something similar!

If I go to a meeting URL using no querystrings (i.e. no ?html-view=true, ?launcher=false, etc.) I no longer get the choice of using the app or the HTML client - the app just opens.

That's not a problem, but some of our users who used to use the app are now reporting that they go straight into the HTML client.  That is more of a problem because some of them get repeatedly disconnected and don't stay in the meeting long enough to use the menu to switch to the app.

Is there a way to force Connect to ask users which method they'd like to use?

#6 2020-11-17 18:53:32

Jorma_at_CoSo

The browser may have shown an option that asks if it should remember this choice for the future access preference. Saying yes leads to a situation where that is the option you get every time you join a meeting. Maybe that is what happened?

Beyond that, I'd say it needs to have Adobe Support involved to identify the cause and see if it needs to be classified as a bug.

#7 2020-12-29 01:42:55

cuc1609223998

Greetings,

are the check marks for program use set in the room settings in the organization zone? On the off chance that there aren't any check marks set the room will open in the application as it were.

Good wishes,

Alex

pirlotv

#8 2021-01-01 18:09:43

Jorma_at_CoSo

It should be for a user by user basis, not an org setting. But I suppose it could be an option set by an IT department, but that feels like an edge case to me.

#9 2022-01-06 18:11:22

malikabbas

The program might have shown a choice that inquires as to whether it ought to recollect this decision for the future access inclination. Saying OK prompts a circumstance where that is the choice you get each time you join a gathering. Perhaps that is what was the deal?

Past that, I'd say it needs to have Adobe Support required to distinguish the reason and check whether it should be named a bug.

Last edited by malikabbas (2022-01-06 18:14:34)

Board footer