Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-10-13 13:00:02

cuc1573057728

CTRL + F9 does not pull pods forward in Connect 11?

Hello All,

I have used Connect for years, and one of my FAVORITE power tips has always been CTRL+F9.
In past versions i could use this to layer pods in my layouts, and then using this trick i could pull each pod forward as needed.

This made it fast, easy and seamless to me to move my end users into and out of polls, videos and other elements all while staying on a single layout and not having to dismiss or move content.

Now that we are in the HTML5 client, CTRL+F9 still moves the focus from pod to pod in layout, but releasing the keys does NOT bring the selected pod forward. Which is a shame, because now i have to rethink my room designs.

Has anyone else seen this?
Is it a bug?

Please let me know,

Thanks

~ eSlinger

#2 2020-10-19 14:44:39

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: CTRL + F9 does not pull pods forward in Connect 11?

I think there is a lot of work needed to be done on the hot-key functionality in Connect with the switch to HTML... hopefully we can get some attention on this after some of the more significant bugs are resolved.

#3 2020-10-26 10:58:51

cuc1573057728

Thanks Jorma,

That is what i figured, and i know there are tons of other issues. I have 2 instructors who are getting crazy screen share dropping. They share in the HTML 5 client, and after a few seconds or minutes...it will fail and dump them back to the gray share screen.

What's really weird is that i had them go back test again in Classic and it does the same thing. I have had them uninstall the application and reinstall it and its the same result.

Any ideas?

#4 2020-10-30 10:43:01

Jorma_at_CoSo

Are they using a VPN or anything that may be interrupting the flow of data to Connect?

#5 2020-12-29 17:37:31

joanna_em

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

I think there is a lot of work needed to be done on the hot-key functionality in Connect with the switch to HTML... hopefully we can get some attention on this after some of the more significant bugs are resolved.

Is there any update on this?  We just started switching to Standard View and losing the ability to flip between layered pods is a serious problem.  If not, do you know if there are any plans to bring hotkey functionality to Standard View?  The CTRL Shift F9 hotkey has been an integral part of how we set up meeting rooms and content.

#6 2021-01-01 18:11:19

Jorma_at_CoSo

I truly don't know. With 11.0.6 having a fix for the ? being used on the white board, I can see that Adobe is addressing some of the issue. Since there is a hot key short cut to show what functions should work, I'd expect that a fix is coming at some point. Just don't know when.

#7 2021-01-04 14:42:17

alistairlee

I've filed this as a bug: CONN-4125405

Board footer