Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-10-16 07:44:29

reza

AdobeConnect - Shared Content pdf documents can't be downloaded

Hello , we have thousands of pdf contents : users can view the pdf content but  they are not getting the button to download and save them locally anymore ,  I called the Adobe Connect support and what they said shows they don't know their own software : this is an example :
https://bmo.adobeconnect.com/_a19232775/pgjovbhgkvaf/

I chatted with the support team (if you can call it that !) this is what I got

Mohd.
I think you can not download it from connect link.

It obviously shows they dont know what they are talking about , you should be able to save the pdf and I have been using adobeconnect for 10 years and the option was always there to view a pdf document as well as download and save it
Do you have the same situation ? Can anyone help?

#2 2020-10-19 14:52:20

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: AdobeConnect - Shared Content pdf documents can't be downloaded

Strange, it seems to be displaying the PDFs as images, but the links are still active. Let me ask outside of Support and see what they say.

#3 2020-10-19 15:16:04

alistairlee

PDF's in older versions of Adobe Connect were using an old wrapper to enable tracking so that they could be used in courses and curriculums. It was prompting users to install an old version of Acrobat and could cause confusion.

We updated the way that PDF's are displayed to make it consistent with what is used in Adobe Connect rooms in version 11. Unfortunately, that did remove the Print and Download buttons.

If you want to provide a link to download a PDF, you would have to use the 'Download Link' in Adobe Connect Central. Make sure that your permissions for that content or folder are also set accordingly.

PDF Download Link

#4 2020-10-20 03:55:17

cuc1597230571

Hello Alistair,

Seems the issue is not limited to save & download buttons, when publishing a PDF form as a shared content, you cannot complete fields any longer, or click on previous/next page button, or even check/uncheck a box - only dynamic url links can be clicked, although when you mouse over these, it does not even change cursor to a pointer as it used to - looks like all dynamic elements of a PDF are no longer rendered in AC - loosing all benefits of using PDF doc as a rich content.

Board footer