Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-03-08 15:41:21

mrheasfca

All Day Adobe Connect Events

Due to the recent coronavirus outbreaks, my organization has been asked to host 2 day-long events through the Adobe Connect platform. I'm fairly comfortable taking this on, but I'm wondering if anyone has done all-day events and has any advice or pearls on things to watch for.

The two events are about 8 hours each, starting at about 8:00 AM and ending at about 4:00 PM. I'm building as one event, but the attendees will be taking 30 minute breaks between 1 1/2 hour sessions, and an hour-long break for lunch. I'm planning on having breakout rooms during the breaks so that the presenters and hosts can make sure all technology is working as expected.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I think the organization may get more requests as more live events are affected.

Thanks,

Michael

#2 2020-03-09 20:29:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: All Day Adobe Connect Events

Michael,

You are absolutely not alone in this increase in virtual events. I think you have a great set up and plan. Doing it as a single event means that the attendees can come back to the same link/email to join later in the day if the meeting room is closed on their end for any reason.

Good luck and try to have fun with it.

#3 2020-03-11 07:20:26

CharlesRich

Michael, we are doing the same thing.  Can your contact information?  I would love to trade notes.

crich@source360group.com

Thanks,

#4 2020-03-11 11:18:12

mrheasfca

Thanks, Jorma and Charles.

Jorma...betting you're very busy right now.

Charles, my email is mrhea@aao.org. Our event is next Thursday. One additional thing I thought about that I'll need to do before the event is check with our conferencing provider to make sure we don't exceed any limits during the webinar. There are about 150 attendees, many of which will likely listen via the conference line instead of VOIP.

Michael

#5 2020-03-12 15:11:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

Michael,

Very much so! There is quite the increase of Connect (and all virtual meeting platforms I assume) happening right now.

Let me know how it goes!

#6 2020-10-13 13:42:28

NPFMC

Likely you have this figured out already, but right now we're in our THIRD WEEK of all day meetings.  We did this in June, and will do again in October. 

We're still troubleshooting minor things, but for the most part we feel like we should open our own consulting company to hold virtual meetings for large events!!! :)

Let me know if you have questions, I'd be happy to help.

We have three meetings that run sometimes concurrently.  We have two meeting licenses, one classroom, and one small event (500).

#7 2022-08-11 02:46:42

Errol Allen

What is the difference between Adobe Connect meeting and webinar?

#8 2022-08-22 09:11:18

Jorma_at_CoSo

The difference is going to be capacity. Meetings traditionally have capacities of up to 100 attendees while Webinars/Seminars can have up to 1,500 attendees.

Board footer