Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-10-07 12:17:29

uktraining

Preparing the Room... room does not load on HTML web version

We are on the EMEA servers.

The add-in version works fine and users can always access the room but if they try and enter the room via the web browser, it will very often get completely stuck on the 'preparing the room' screen and the progress bar about 80% complete.

There seems to be no consistent pattern to when it happens - sometimes it will work and they get into the room...but most of the time it doesn't. What is happening and is a fix being worked on urgently?

I am hosting an event with 50 people this Friday - the nature of their business means they are unable to download external software, so the add-in is not an option for them.

I have zero confidence that they will all be able to access via their web browsers and there is nothing I can do to help them fix it.

It is a major flaw in the HTML version of Adobe and needs urgently addressing - sadly communication from support seems to be very slow and when they do respond, it's not very helpful.

Do other people have the same problems? Or is it a specific issue with EMEA accounts?

Need assistance ASAP from them.

#2 2020-10-09 10:29:59

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Preparing the Room... room does not load on HTML web version

uktraining,

Have you worked with your reseller? This may be one of the issues being worked through with the release of 11.0.0, but it's best to hear it from the source. If you don't want to talk to your reseller, I'd recommend you reach out to Adobe Support directly.

I have heard that one of the issues faced with the initial release of Connect 11 is longer than normal loading times for Meetings (I've heard up to 10 min), and this is a priority issue for the Connect product team.

#3 2020-10-12 03:56:44

BeenHere

Hi Uktraining,

Same problems here, we are on EMEA servers also, I also contacted support and nothing came out. It's like Adobe Connect support team is there to stall requests.

My theory on this: If you enabled Classic view and client decided to use application on the selection popup, html view stuck at preparing the room. If your client selected "Remember" box there is no way back, as far as I've been told from support. I have not been able to test it because of the problems listed below.

I want the summarize problems for ADOBE, so any early fix will help us:
1 - If one selected use application and clicked "Remember" on the pop-up there is no way back. Deleting cache does not help. I contacted support about this issue and they responded "THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE THIS POP-UP APPEAR AGAIN" after several tries of deleting cache.

2 - If you selected to use Force Adobe Connect app in settings, these settings does not work all the time.

3 - If you selected to use classic view, these setting does not work all the time, support suggests to add URL parameters to the end of the meeting URL.

@Jorma_at_CoSo talking to reseller will not help I believe, because source of the problem - Adobe - can not provide support via dedicated support team, what can reseller do?

#4 2020-10-12 05:41:19

Volkan AKSOY

We have the same problem. Our students stack at the "meeting room prepared".

#5 2020-10-12 20:47:10

jack.w

I am having a very similar issue and am interested to learn what to do to fix it.

I'm experiencing 2 different issues. One as described above where the meeting loads roughly 80% but never gets anywhere. The second issue is where the html page loads and simply says "Flash Player blocked" but won't give an option to unblock and enter.

I've taken screenshots but it looks like I am unable to submit them here.

Is there any fix available to this? Or is there an option to download an MP4 and reupload it? Thanks in advance.

#6 2020-10-13 08:25:55

DvG

We are experiencing the same problem. Rooms load without problems in the app, but the HTML web version gets stuck at approx. 90% leading eventually (after many minutes) to a connection error. It seems to be random, albeit worse in the afternoons for us.

#7 2020-10-20 06:07:00

ChrisA

Same issue here - inconsistently it gets stuck for some people sometimes. If you keep trying it eventually just 'works' and the progress bar goes beyond the sticking point.

We already have customers complaining about this issue.

#8 2020-10-22 03:05:16

poldom

Hi!

Any update on this?

We have he same problem, now we have clasic view but users with mobile can't see records, but if we change to new view (HTML) the progres bar not loading, any solution?

#9 2020-10-30 10:33:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

The update to 11.0.5 contains a lot of fixes. Hopefully we all see improvements as that gets pushed out.

#10 2020-11-09 06:57:54

Battenberg

How are people finding this since the update to 11.0.5?  I just tried a couple of meetings myself and went straight in, but then sometimes it worked before.

Last edited by Battenberg (2020-11-09 11:26:54)

#11 2020-11-09 11:27:57

Battenberg

I've now tried at least half-a-dozen different meetings and went straight in every time.  I'm feeling optimistic.

#12 2020-11-13 19:51:44

Jorma_at_CoSo

It does seem to be a night and day difference between 11.0.0 and 11.0.5.

Board footer