Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-10-12 03:18:50

Battenberg

Webcam Image Cropped in Connect 11?

Is the webcam image cropped more in Connect 11?  My colleagues and I all think that we look a lot "closer" now, and I have to push my laptop right to the back of the desk to fit my whole head in!

It's not like that in Teams or Zoom, so it appears to be something that Connect is doing.  Is there are setting somewhere to change it?

#2 2020-10-14 03:52:09

Battenberg

Re: Webcam Image Cropped in Connect 11?

I've tried changing the aspect ratio in the video pod settings.  That doesn't help, but it briefly uncrops whilst switching between the two, so it's definitely something that Connect is doing.

#3 2020-10-14 14:32:11

Susan

Hi,
are you using a Surface laptop? I've noticed that somehow the Connect video doesn't work well with built-in webcam on Surface computers. The faces are always very much zoomed in with participants when they are using the internal webcam. I haven't yet found a workaround (I can't test it here) and am contemplating it might be a question of driver compatibility.
Cheers,
Susan

#4 2020-10-15 15:08:03

Battenberg

I am using a Surface, yes!

When I switched to the Surface about a year ago I noticed that I looked closer, but assumed that it was just a different camera, but I've got closer still since the update to Connect 11 a few weeks ago.

Speaking of compatibility... my own computer doesn't have a webcam, but I have a Canon camera and Canon offers software to use  certain models as a webcam.  It works in Teams and Zoom, but although Connect recognises the existence of the Canon camera, the image is just a black rectangle.

#5 2020-10-19 04:30:07

Susan

Hi,
unfortunately I don't know why you Canon camera does only show a black rectangle. What camera does AC11 recognize first to display - the Surface internal one or the Canon camera? It might help to completely disable the Surface webcam in the settings and then check again.
Cheers,
Susan

#6 2020-12-04 08:44:27

Hirstian

This is a big issue for us too.  We have 4 quality HD webcams and 3 of them give the 'big-face' issue you describe.  The other one is OK.  About 10% of participants have the same issue.  It gets worse when you have several people on the training and the webcam window gets smaller.  Am on the Adobe chat at the moment with someone, but no joy yet.  NO similar problem with Zoom or Teams, just Adobe Connect.

Board footer