Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-09-10 15:18:17

CELibrarian

Rotating slides in AC 11?

We had been using a workaround to create rotating or looping slides for our webinar lobby area. I believe Jorma shared the original workaround. It involved downloading the PPTX .zip file, editing some XML, and re-uploading the .zip.
Unfortunately this workaround no longer works with AC 11. Does anyone know how to recreate it? We love this feature of our webinars!

#2 2020-09-21 12:50:47

Haworth

Re: Rotating slides in AC 11?

We like this feature too.  Would like to know how to make it happen in Adobe 11 Standard View.

#3 2020-09-30 10:27:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

Interesting. I don't know why it would no longer work. I'll have to do some testing and see if I can't figure out the new solution.

#4 2020-10-05 09:58:31

CELibrarian

Thank you Jorma, I would greatly appreciate that!

#5 2020-10-06 14:05:38

TracyC

I would like to know the workaround too. Thank you for looking into this.

#6 2020-10-09 10:25:21

Jorma_at_CoSo

I'm still digging. Doesn't look like it will be a simple of a hack now that this is HTML...

#7 2020-10-21 08:40:08

ChrisA

This issue is also affecting us - the slides seem to 'stick' when you press 'play' for automatic advance.

#8 2020-10-21 09:56:52

ChrisA

WORKAROUND: In the 'File' menu of PowerPoint you can EXPORT the presentation as an MP4 video.

We are now using this and adding the video to a share pod until a better solution is found.

#9 2020-10-30 10:30:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

I'm still working to see if I can find a better answer, but it looks like at this moment that using Presenter and publishing the presentation with the loop option enabled is the way to make them loop properly.

#10 2021-03-02 15:57:28

breisinger3

Has there been any update to this workaround for those using PPT as lobby slides and having them play and loop. Mine will play the first slide, then go to the next but stop 1 second in. I don't have Presenter. In the past I added loop="true" to the code in the Viewer file. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

#11 2021-03-03 19:06:14

Dirk

Hi there, I think there are multiple workarounds possible.

1. Adobe Connect 11 is capable of media type GIF. Export the Powerpoint Slides to JPG/PNG and then use a GIF creator software to create a gif with e.g. 5 seconds between the single slides. Import this gif to document share ... normally it will run endless

2. There was a good article about creating a "custom pod with mp4 infinite loop". I can't find it anymore but here is the howto:

Create an MP4 with the slides you want to show. Name it "loop.mp4"

Create a file named breeze-manifest.xml using a text editor

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<breeze-manifest version="1.0" xmlns="http://breeze.macromedia.com/ns/breeze-manifest" generator="ZB">
	<document type="custom-pod" id="com.adobe.connect.videoloop" version="1.0.001" minimumConnectMobileVersion="2.4" minimumSDKversion="9.4.002" minimumConnectServerVersion="11.2.0"/>
	<assets>
		<asset type="document-view">
			<entry href="video_html5.htm" href-html5="video_html5.htm" />
			<file href="video_html5.htm"/>
            <file href="loop.mp4"/>
		</asset>
	</assets>
</breeze-manifest>

Then create a file video_html5.htm

<video controls loop autoplay>
  <source src="loop.mp4" type="video/mp4">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

Create an ZIP Archive from this 3 files and upload it to the document share. It will cause the video to run in an infinite loop. Only works in AC11.2 with standard view.

Hope this helps

#12 2022-04-26 06:44:40

bogacsur

I am now using this and adding the video to a share pod until a better solution is found.

#13 2022-04-29 08:16:29

alistairlee

PowerPoint can now export as a GIF. Since GIF files will automatically loop, this might be an easier solution.

The other issue with a custom pod/video looper is that you might find it doesn't autoplay for attendees using a browser in a lobby environment. Browsers don't let any content auto-play to prevent bad behavior from websites until the individual has allowed this. The looping MP4 should work after the user has interacted (i.e. on other layouts) - but you might find it doesn't play for someone just joining the session in a browser.

Board footer