Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-09-23 09:43:52

jeffporter

Managing participants and presenters

Under our account, we can't do online registration. However, I'd like to have some better control of participants and presenters.

Here is what we do now:
-Create a meeting.
-Select the option that if anyone has the URL, they can get in.
-I allow participants to log in as Guest.
-I select the setting where participants are on hold initially.
-I give presenters a user name and password and tell them to use the Registered User option.
-When we're all ready, I open it up to participants and even begins.

THE PROBLEM: Our presenters about half the time ignore the Registered User instruction and try to log in as Guest. That puts them on hold. I can't elevate them without taking all participants off hold, which I don't want to do before the event begins.

Is there a way to just don't even show presenters the Guest option, but allow participants to use it? Or is there a different solution? The presenters are scattered from across the United States and have various degrees of technical skills. Participants are also from across the country. And like I said, our account doesn't include the online registration beforehand.

Ideas? Am I missing some obvious good solution?

#2 2020-09-27 03:26:02

Anto1233

Re: Managing participants and presenters

I am a teacher who uses Adobe Connect to teach.  I charge for classes and I would not want students to record seminars held through Adobe Connect.  Can I see someone recording seminars with a program like OBS studio?

#3 2020-09-30 09:46:02

Jorma_at_CoSo

Two very different questions here.

Jeff,

No, you can't hide the guest login option for some attendees but not others. You can leave the request entry button enabled with the Block Incoming Attendees feature and the speakers could request and get access as a guest user that way.

Anto,

No, you can't see what other people are doing on their end. I appreciate that you want to protect your intellectual property, but there is only so much that can be done. Maybe have a statement in the room like Do Not Record or something could be used to deter people, but I don't really know of any solutions outside of that.

#4 2020-10-06 11:22:08

jeffporter

I found a fix for the trouble with Registered Users presenters logging in as if they are Guests. I found that if I give the presenters a special URL with user name and password included, it logs them right in. They don't even see the login screen.

#5 2020-10-09 10:05:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Jeff,

Sure, that works, but be careful about people sharing links as the individual's user name and password is exposed.

#6 2020-11-24 13:43:06

joanna_em

I have run into a similar issue where guests type their name wrong (we ask them to use a specific naming convention) but aren't able to change their guest name when logging out and re-entering. Sometimes it skips the page to enter a guest name.  I've tried the workaround described here where you add the desired guest name to the end of the meeting URL:

?guestName=Smith%2C+John

But that only works if we give that to the person BEFORE they log in themselves with the wrong guest name.

Is there a way around this other than explaining to them how to clear browser cookies/cache in whatever browser they may be using?  As with the OP, we often have attendees with limited tech knowledge and explaining how to clear browser cookies or even using another browser is often really difficult.

Board footer