Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-09-28 11:04:47

Battenberg

PowerPoint Presentations - Animations not Working Correctly

For some time now - at least since the start of the year - I've noticed a problem with the animations not working correctly in PowerPoint presentations uploaded into Content and shown as a document in meetings.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I start with a .ppt or .pptx file.

The two main problems are:

1. items appearing as blocks - e.g. if there are six bullet points on a slide, each of which appears individually, then I might get the first four appearing together in Connect, and then I need to press the arrow four times to get the next one.

2. things appearing the wrong order, or being missed out altogether (i.e. not appearing in Connect).

For example, compare this presentation:
https://wcc.adobeconnect.com/storage/

...with the original slides - note particularly the fifth slide on types of storage:
https://www.advanced-ict.info/theory/NC … orage.ppsx

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a workaround?

NB. I didn't load the .ppsx file into Connect - I just used that format on the website to get the presentations to run when you open them.

Last edited by Battenberg (2020-09-28 11:07:11)

#2 2020-09-29 06:30:12

cuc1601378633

Re: PowerPoint Presentations - Animations not Working Correctly

Having the same problem uploaded PPTX File to my classroom, but the animations in it is not showing at all ? The PPTX file works great but the slide with my animations is not showing the animations, it lets me click past the slide once the animations are done meaning, i have to click several times to get past that slide to get to the next.

Last edited by cuc1601378633 (2020-09-29 06:31:13)

#3 2020-09-30 10:39:01

Jorma_at_CoSo

If you save the file to PPT and then upload to Connect do the animations work better?

#4 2020-10-01 08:14:07

Battenberg

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

If you save the file to PPT and then upload to Connect do the animations work better?

I've tried both, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.  I found an Adobe page that said that .ppt files were preferred, but that might have been quite old.

It's definitely a recent thing - I used Connect for years without this being a problem.  I had a new work computer just before last Christmas and I'm trying to remember whether it had a different version of Office.  I'm definitely using Office 2016 now - might that be a factor?

Maybe I'll try creating something in LibreOffice Impress and upload that to see what happens.

Last edited by Battenberg (2020-10-01 08:14:38)

#5 2020-10-09 10:15:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

I suppose the version of Office could be a factor, but I'd not jump to that. It may be related to the conversion tool on the server and it may be one of the fixes coming with the update to 11.0.0.

#6 2020-10-14 14:13:22

Susan

Hi,
it seems to be a combination of changes to the conversion routine of AC11 as well as to the internal structure of MS Office documents. I noticed that some animations (in SmartArt) that worked in AC10.6 don't work anymore in AC11, and when setting up an example anew that the naming of the SmartArt components in MS Office (in the animation pane) had changed from the older slide. Therefore I often ungroup SmartArts and animate the components separately while keeping an unchanged version of the slide for future usage (and text/image changes).
Besides that I have been lucky to not encounter any animation problems so far besides some of them sometimes suddenly accelerating. But that might have been due to some very sensible arrow area at the bottom of the share pod. I have noticed such irritating behavior in another HTML5-based software for online trainings.
HTH
Susan

#7 2020-10-15 15:12:08

Battenberg

I've never used SmartArt, but your mention of grouping makes me wonder whether it goes really awry (i.e. images go missing) when I group two items to appear together.  It also happens with bullet points in textboxes, though.

It might recreating the slides in a new file to see if that makes any difference - give some of the "quirks" I've found in Office before that might well make a difference.

#8 2020-10-19 03:47:28

ChristinaF

For me this issue with animations was introduced with AC11 whereby if there are more than one animation on a slide often two on click animations would appear together. The work around I found was to add an 'artificial' delay (0.25) on each animation on those slides and reupload the PowerPoint, that seems to have stopped the problem.

Conversely, my lobby slides which was running on a loop pre-AC11 is now no longer looped and I can't seem to fix it...!

Last edited by ChristinaF (2020-10-19 03:48:34)

#9 2020-10-20 05:00:57

ChrisA

SAME ISSUE - clicks often 'doubles skip' or sometimes seems to animate then disappear and I have to go back.

Making me look so unprofessional that it appears I can't even click forward.

Am I also right in thinking that in AC11 the arrow keys don't seem to progress left and right through the presentation????

#10 2021-01-04 13:08:03

carwen.davies

Do we have any update on this issue?

#11 2021-02-01 13:13:46

stevewilhite

Any chance this page has been/will be updated for AC 11?

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/guidelines-sharing-pptx-files-connect.html

#12 2021-02-04 12:48:47

alistairlee

I'm glad to report that the issue with animations 'double-skipping' is fixed in version 11.2 - which will be rolled out to all hosted  customers this month (February 2021)

#13 2021-03-02 15:53:08

breisinger3

ChristinaF wrote:

Conversely, my lobby slides which was running on a loop pre-AC11 is now no longer looped and I can't seem to fix it...!

I used to go into the viewer html and add loop="true" to get the slides to loop in the lobby and after we were updated to 11.2, it no longer works. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

#14 2021-03-03 04:56:15

Battenberg

I find presentations much more tricky to use in 11.2 and "standard view" - often it skips the last item and move on to the next slide, so I keep missing the bottom bullet point.

I also had a problem with the slides running off on their own, but I think that's because the arrow buttons at the bottom of the screen now seem to "play", but you can use the cursor keys on the keyboard instead.

#15 2021-03-19 08:02:37

alistairlee

@Battenberg - the issue where the last item would be skipped and the next slide shown should have been addressed with the 11.2 release. If you're still seeing it, you may want to contact Support.

#16 2021-04-08 06:24:29

agould

SmartArt animations have not worked for some time. I convert them to objects and then animate. Time consuming...

#17 2021-04-26 08:15:38

Battenberg

I'm still struggling with PowerPoint presentations running off on their own or not displaying the last bullet point on the slide - do I need to re-upload my content to take advantage of the fix?  It's almost entirely text with the odd image or arrow - no SmartArt.

I also find that they return to the start whilst I'm doing something else, e.g. screen share.  My guess is that they are running on their own to the end and then starting again.

#18 2021-05-19 14:07:53

wilding

@alistairlee 8 months later and animations are still completely broken...

#19 2021-05-21 04:38:11

Battenberg

Yes - quite often the final item on a slide doesn't appear.  The other thing that happens is that the slides just run off on their own and I can't stop them.  That's happened twice this week and I don't know why.

#20 2021-05-21 10:21:15

wilding

@Battenberg yeah we've had to strip all animations out of our classes to keep the slides from running off on their own, so annoying.  Probably going to abandon Connect if there is no solution soon.

#21 2021-06-17 09:16:10

ace 77

Hi folks,

I have found if I convert the power point to PPT as recommended and strip out items that don't work well in HTML environment the decks are ok. If you get the run on slides during a session, make sure that slide show features are all disabled as ADOBE inherits the PP features. This includes timed animations.

#22 2021-07-09 08:32:53

cuc1439323792

Hi Folks,

All of our PPTX have builds/animations in them and are experiencing auto advancing.  We have gone into Presenter and did the following:
2.    In the Presenter Menu ribbon – choose Quiz > Manage (and select LMS / Adobe Connect)
3.    In the Presenter Menu ribbon – choose Tools > Slide Manager
a.    Click the Select All button
b.    Click the Edit button
c.    Check Advance by user
d.    OK / OK

It appears to have stop the auto advancing of the slides, but still have the missing text on slides now sometimes.  I was informed by Connect support that I should save the file as a PPT and this will resolve the text issue, however; every now and then I have missing images.  I feel your guys pain as this has costed us a lot of rework.  This really needs to be fixed.

Board footer