Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-09-02 19:42:53

Jeff1

Another User Limit Question - Break out rooms, Webinars, Connect 11

What I have read consistently says the if we use break out rooms, the attendee limit is 200, but Connect Webinar goes up to 1500 users.  I see varying data sheets on whether Webinar supports breakout rooms, and Adobe itself says it does:

https://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/buying-guide.html

I'm not sure I believe them though, since tech support told me that I can't use iOS browsers as clients just last night on the phone.  I've since tested the mobile web browser client on a number of iOS devices and really like it.

We are about to run a 250-300 middle school kid conference for 4 hours, and I'm really interested in connect's html5 client and broad browser support.  But we need to use break out rooms.

Does anyone know, does Webinar support break out rooms, and is it possible to go over 200 participants total across breakout rooms?

If not, what happens if I start a session with 300 users and then start putting users into breakout rooms?  This is a little challenging to test beforehand - does anybody know?

#2 2020-09-04 23:36:49

JohnJ

Re: Another User Limit Question - Break out rooms, Webinars, Connect 11

In the connect 11 introductory webinar they stated breakout capacity is 200 regardless of general room limit. I know we has 112 users in connect (hosted) and brought the system to it's knees with a hard crash for 10 minutes when doing 5 breakouts and most users turning on the webcam. Hopefully 11 is more robust since Zoom is still killing Adobe on simple video conferences.

#3 2020-09-30 10:11:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Another User Limit Question - Break out rooms, Webinars, Connect 11

Yes the limits haven't changed. If you have a 1,500 seat webinar room the breakout functionality goes away once you exceed 200 attendees.

Broadcasting 112 live videos will bring Connect to it's knees. If you want a simple video conference, Zoom is a better fit. Connect is great at many things, but it is not a video conferencing platform. Never has been. The coming update to more modern codecs will help, but it will never compete with Zoom in a 'simple video conference' situation.

Board footer