Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-09-23 14:29:07

jingeum

Audio echo with presenters using Apple adapters for microphone

Hello, I have been using Adobe Connect to record webinars for a few years now. I almost always use the Logitech 390 USB headset without any issue on both Apple and Windows computers, none-USB headsets virtually never show up in the Adobe room so we always use USB. In the past year I have noticed that most presenters have a new Apple laptop without any USB A ports, so presenters need to use adapters to connect the standard headsets. Occasionally, especially if using a non-Apple branded adapter we would hear a low level hum when presenters speak, which would be difficult to troubleshoot. Within the past month there has been a brand new issue with Apple adapter users: When I speak to the presenter I can hear myself echoing back as if my voice is coming through the presenter's mic. I have RAtted into the presenter computers and confirmed that the sound settings are using the USB mic for input and output and confirmed in the Adobe Connect room that the presenter's USB mic is selected. Any insight into this issue or possible troubleshooting tips? Restarting computer and trying different ports, running the Audio Setup Wizard doesn't help. Thanks.

#2 2020-09-28 02:13:20

DJB

Re: Audio echo with presenters using Apple adapters for microphone

We have had the same issue - and are becoming increasingly frustrated that Adobe does not seem to recognize the size of it's Apple customer base? We are an all Mac organization and work with networks of iPad users - the still having to wait until 'soon' arrives for the Mac version of the new iteration is frustrating beyond reason? And Connect isn't even working again tonight - we have a teacher set up conference in the morning and i can't even get in to see how many have registered.
As regards the Audio issue - unfortunately the only solution we found was to go back to the old one speaker at a time setting - which kind of defeats the purpose?

#3 2020-09-30 09:51:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

For Mac users, I've seen a scenario where the mic volume level is set to 100% which results in an echo. Reducing the mic volume has fixed the issue.

Adobe does recognize the Mac customer base, and has decided to put additional focus on the Mac version of the new HTML based app. This is why it is behind the Windows version, as it is getting some dedicated development time.

#4 2020-10-02 11:31:16

jingeum

We have tried adjusting the mic volume and so far it hasn't fixed the issue. Hopefully they fix this soon as 9/10 presenters are Mac users at this point. . .

Board footer