Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-09-11 13:06:29

AskingForAFriend

Adobe Connect v11 System Diagnostics

Ran the system diagnostics page from our Adobe Connect site to see how it changed in v11. A bit disappointed with the results. It appears that the page is geared solely for HTML5 usage and does not factor in Flash at all. We do not have HTML enabled for Connect.

Ran using IE 11 with Flash enabled.
The results said Internet Explorer 11.0 is not supported.
But I was able to successfully join a meeting.

Ran using latest version of Chrome without Flash enabled.
The results said Chrome 85xxx is supported.
But when I went to join a meeting, I got a screen that said I need to either download the Desktop App or enable Flash.
Same thing with Firefox.

Those results make sense to me (knowing that Connect is moving away from Flash and to HTML5), but it wouldn't to a user. A successful diagnostic should mean that I can join a meeting without having to install anything else. I understand that we could enable HTML5 (there's more testing that we want to do first). But shouldn't the diagnostics run based on the configuration of the specific Connect server and report results accordingly?

#2 2020-09-17 02:06:15

BeenHere

Re: Adobe Connect v11 System Diagnostics

I guess Adobe Connect team does not answer in this forum (assumption from previous and number of unanswered questions).

While contacting support could be a solution but they do not provide a feedback and not able to solve those kinds of problems.

So only hope is that someone from Adobe Connect team reads here and hopefully takes an action.

#3 2020-09-30 10:23:04

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect v11 System Diagnostics

With the death of Flash coming in 3 months, I believe the focus is to move on to HTML completely. Continuing to use the Flash version of Connect is just the vehicle to help soften the shift from Flash to HTML.

This is a user community forum, so I wouldn't hold my breath for much input from the Connect team.

Board footer