Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-08-24 09:45:02

joanna_em

Simple survey-style quiz with ability to see report of answers by user

Forgive me if this is an overly-simplistic noob question.  I'm relatively new to Captivate and Presenter.  I'm trying to create a simple quiz (vote) to be taken by users in an adobe connect meeting.  It will be a single, multiple choice question with reponse options: Yes, No, or Abstain.  There is no correct answer (it is a voting question).  I figured out how to create this in Captivate and published it to my Adobe Connect server.  However, I can't seem to figure out how to display a report showing the responses by user.  The only report options I see show just the number of responses.  Is there a way to generate results showing the each person's answer?  Like a list of the Adobe Connect attendee names and what each person voted?  If not in the reporting section then dynamically as a slide or something?  I've explored so many different avenues for this and can't believe I can't find a solution to make a simple voting question, have people vote during an adobe connect meeting, and then display the results by username.

#2 2020-08-24 12:10:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Simple survey-style quiz with ability to see report of answers by user

I think using Captivate is over complicating this need. Try using the Poll pod, it should allow you to see the answer details you are looking for.

#3 2020-08-24 13:15:03

joanna_em

Thank you for the quick reply.  I've been exploring Captivate and Presenter options because the poll pod doesn't seem to fit our needs for 2 reasons:

1. The people voting need to be in the Presenter role for the majority of the meeting (long story but basically we need them to be able to see Presenter only area for the other parts of the meeting).  But we can't have them be able to see vote results as they come in (i.e. before they've cast their own vote.  So we have to first switch them to Participants before initiating the breakout session in which they will vote in a breakout room.  It takes a while with 20-30 people -especially moving them back to Presenters when there is a long list of Participants to sort through.

2. After the voting has concluded/poll closed, we need to be able to broadcast the detailed results to Participants (results showing who voted what).  It seems the polling pod only allows Presenters to see this level of detail.  So we'd have to take a screen shot or something and display that to show everyone else the results.

Do you have any suggestions?

#4 2020-08-27 15:49:57

Jorma_at_CoSo

Since you are promoting people to Presenter, that is going to be the hard hurdle to overcome.

Maybe the EduGame Cloud pod would work, but it may be an issue with the Presenter roll there too. I don't think it shows results to the participants, but there is a back end that could be screen shared to show the results. It's not a great fit but it's the closest I can think of.

You are probably looking at a custom solution to meet this workflow.

Board footer