Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-08-25 13:21:30

cuc1598378109

Adobe Connect not recognizing Microsoft's webcam rotation variable

Hi,

I'm using my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 in a portrait orientation in tandem with an external monitor in landscape orientation (both VESA-mounted). When I use my webcam with Microsoft Teams this setup works well (i.e. webcam stream in correct orientation etc.), but when I attempt to use my webcam from within Adobe Connect my video stream remains on its side (i.e. streaming video from the perspective of the Surface Pro's original landscape orientation). In other words, the Adobe Connect software is not using the standard rotation tags embedded within my Surface Pro camera's video stream according to Microsoft's standard documentation.

The following weblink summarizes the relevant Microsoft programming documentation on how to handle camera streams correctly. All that is required to fix the relevant issue is for the Adobe Connect software to take the relevant rotation tag as an argument for any Microsoft webcams: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/stream/camera-device-orientation

I would be grateful if someone could pass this request along to the relevant Adobe Connect development team, and/or if somebody could suggest a workaround.

All the best,

Nigel

Board footer