Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-07-22 09:18:48

jdidden

Phone Users Intermittently not hearing mic users

In a meeting currently, the phone users were intermittently not hearing the mic users (app or browser). Thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 2020-07-22 13:59:05

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Phone Users Intermittently not hearing mic users

This could have been an issue on Connect's end, the SIP provider for the UV integration that ties the VoIP and Phone audio together, or the telephone bridge provider's side.

Where is your account hosted? Adobe, on-premise, other?

#3 2020-08-14 10:11:09

jdidden

Hosted by Adobe, Meeting One is the conference provider. We refreshed the Audio Profile, no effect. Meeting One and Adobe help IT are engaged, but have not been successful yet. I was able to re-create the issue for the Meeting One help folks, but Adobe folks still think it seems like a local issue. This was my response (minus the snippy comments LOL) that I don't think it can be a local issue:

Here’s a recording that illustrates the issue…  http://mafmc.adobeconnect.com/pcky1ds59vco/
This was the room: http://mafmc.adobeconnect.com/july2020ssc/   MO: 5939710

If you go to 40:25 you’ll get the gist…

“Alexei” is talking and gets recorded fine. He could be heard by other folks on VoIP fine. But no one on the phone could hear him. But all the phone folks could still interact with each other fine at the same time, and were also heard by the VoIP folks.

So it seems clear that this is an issue of the audio integration not adding the VoIP into the outbound phone audio. Since it’s getting into the recording the inbound seems fine. Since it affects multiple phone users (in different states) who can still interact fine with each other, it seems impossible for it to be a “local” user issue unless there is some local setting that could affect who hears what.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Last edited by jdidden (2020-08-14 10:11:27)

#4 2020-08-14 10:16:05

jdidden

For a long time we didn't allow VoIP incoming audio - only phone for participating to keep things simple - in reflecting with staff there have been times throughout 2020 where some participants reported un-muted chatter that the host on the phone never heard. So we think this has been a technical issue for a while, but it's only come to the forefront recently when we've been more often allowing folks to also participate with inbound VoIP...

Last edited by jdidden (2020-08-14 10:16:51)

#5 2020-08-17 12:43:43

Jorma_at_CoSo

From what I've seen it's been a recent issue. Not to say that UV hasn't had it's bumps in the road along the way, but outside of this happening in the last few weeks, I've not really had any issues with UV in recent history. Just my $0.02.

I'd keep on Adobe and MeetingOne to find a resolution.

Board footer