Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-06-09 05:10:42

petlo

Using microphone in HTML meeting rooms

Hello

We've recently upgraded our adobe connect server to 10.6 version for using HTML capabilities
but the server we were using wasn't configured to use SSL and 443 port number

So when people try to use microphone or share video in new HTML rooms it says
"media devices are not allowed over insecure origins"

I wanted to know is there any solution that participant use microphone or share video without
configuring the server to use SSL connections

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by petlo (2020-06-12 08:25:26)

#2 2020-06-09 16:22:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Using microphone in HTML meeting rooms

Petlo,

Just so I'm clear, you are using http, rtmp and now ws connections over ports 80 and 1935?

The HTML client doesn't allow for the broadcast of webcam video in 10.6.x, so that functionality not being present is as expected.

Audio should be able to be broadcast with our without SSL encryption. I've not run across any settings that would force the issue. My best guess would be if the setting found at Administration > Account > More Settings for Requires SSL Connection (RTMPS) is checked, that it may throw that message if SSL is not a part of the account.

If that isn't it, you may want to reach out to the Platinum Support contact you have at Adobe for your deployment.

#3 2020-06-10 06:04:31

petlo

Thanks for your reply Jorma, yes we are using HTTP 80, RTMP 1935, ws and
no the setting,    (Requires SSL Connection) didn't help

It seems my issue relates to most browsers's default functionality, by default most browsers
don't allow audio and video traffic to be broadcast over HTTP connections
so we should either run the server under SSL connection or instruct participants to disable
the browsers security parameters to use microphone or camera which doesn't make sense

So we decided to configure SSL on the server, my question is which services of adobe connect should
be SSL enabled to overcome this issue, i mean the application server or meeting server or it has to be both?

And is there any step by step instruction to how implement SSl on adobe connect 10.6 server? i found a pdf
instruction to do so on version 9 and higher but im not sure it works for version 10.6

Thank you

Last edited by petlo (2020-06-10 06:06:19)

#4 2020-06-10 11:48:11

Jorma_at_CoSo

There is no single doc, so you'll have to use the information provided in the following two.

You'll need to set up the Adobe Media Server(s) (RTMPS) and ACTS server(s) (WSS) to run over SSL. These articles give guidance on using Stunnel, so if you use a load balancer in front of the cluster then this won't apply.

Adobe Media Server: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/k … unnel.html

ACTS: https://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport/ … ws-to-wss/

You don't need to do the application server but if you have a wild card certificate, you might as well. There is a link to doing that on the Adobe Media Server link above. If you don't have a wild card certificate, you'll need an SSL certificate for the Media Server(s) and the ACTS server(s) as they will each have their own FQDN.

#5 2020-06-11 07:55:22

petlo

Thank you very much Jorma no fortunately it's a single server
I hope to be able to get it done

Last edited by petlo (2020-06-11 08:00:36)

#6 2020-06-11 18:32:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

You're installing the Application, Media, ACTS servers all on one box? If you are going to secure it with SSL, you will need additional NIC cards to accommodate the SSL being pointed to FQDNs on unique IPs. And performance may be an issue with that much happening on one box too.

#7 2020-06-12 08:15:20

petlo

Yes they are all on the same server and frankly i didn't know MEDIA and Application servers can be installed
on separate machines
luckily we haven't had many performance problems until now, i guess maybe because the server is well equipped ,(2x Intel Xeon E5-2450L,80 GB of RAM and 4 1Gbps NICS)  and there are at most 400 concurrent users, that really happens rarely.

Another question that has occupied my mind is that, is there any limit for concurrent HTML connections
to a meeting room or it is the same as RTMP, i mean recommended maximum of 500?

Thank you

Last edited by petlo (2020-06-12 09:29:07)

#8 2020-06-12 09:34:35

Jorma_at_CoSo

Generally speaking, I've seen that the ACTS server can handle a higher concurrent load than the AMS server (though they do work together which is odd). But that has been with the ACTS server(s) being separate from the Application/Media servers.

#9 2020-06-12 12:55:35

petlo

Dear jorma based on your experience do you think we should be concerned with this setup?

Last edited by petlo (2020-06-12 13:01:02)

#10 2020-06-12 14:13:36

Jorma_at_CoSo

I've seen single server deployments work, but usually you end up deploying a very robust server to handle all the loads. Leveraging  horizontal growth leads to overall better capacity capabilities. The other advantage to having more than one server is you no longer have a single point of failure. Connect does load balance between servers so if one goes down the other can pick up the load.

Board footer