Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-06-10 13:23:18

ChrisA

Extreme latency during breakouts

During breakout sessions I am experiencing a massive latency that puts my screen at least a minute behind the group.

Other people in the meeting (including hosts) don't seem to experience this which leaves me clicking things inappropriately, talking when breakouts have ended etc etc.

I have a fast internet speed and a decent computer, any ideas why my system alone is affected?

Any help or ideas much appreciated

#2 2020-06-10 13:35:47

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Extreme latency during breakouts

Are you on a VPN?

#3 2020-06-12 06:40:30

ChrisA

No VPN and a internet speed of D 112.66 Mb/s U 10.05 Mb/s

It's really strange - when we start breakouts the lag makes it unusable however if I restart AC and rejoin during the BO session everything runs normally. I assumed it was my computer processing power or something but I have a good laptop and other hosts from my company don't get this issue.

#4 2020-06-12 09:32:23

Jorma_at_CoSo

It could be Connect. If your account is on 10.6.2 there is a known performance issue with breakout rooms. Adobe is pushing out 10.6.2a to resolve it. Maybe your account hasn't been updated? You can check the version of your account by hovering your mouse cursor over the Help link at the bottom left of the login page.

#5 2020-06-12 11:35:14

ChrisA

That's very helpful, thanks, - we are on 10.6.2 not 2a

After a bit of investigating we also think using lots of whiteboards simultaneously in BOs might be causing problems - is this a known issue? I can see some posts about this in the past but none recently

#6 2020-06-12 12:16:57

Jorma_at_CoSo

https://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport/ … -clusters/

I don't know if the whiteboards are specifically an issue at this time.

Board footer