Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-06-03 11:58:13

cuc1591199106

Publish Adobe Connect Web

hello,
is it possible to connect to adobe connect by LAN IP and External IP. i mean i want to user that inside my lan access to adobe connect server by their private ip and users outside of lan connect to it by external IP or FQDN.
Thanks.

#2 2020-06-04 11:45:14

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Publish Adobe Connect Web

Sounds like a network configuration to me. I'm not aware of anything that location aware that is part of Connect, but your Network Load Balancer or something else in your network may have the logic to see where users are coming from and route internal traffic differently than external traffic.

#3 2020-06-05 05:20:26

Farhad

thank you.
my problem is, i configured External name in Host mapping (Server Settings) to my External DNS records but when i enter this FQDN (External) it's redirect to Internal DNS record so users outside of lan can not access the adobe connect through internet.
this is my configuration:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/zhwh68

#4 2020-06-09 16:28:24

Jorma_at_CoSo

The Adobe Connect Host field is the FQDN that all users will use to reach your Adobe Connect Account. The Host Mappings fields are what Connect uses to communicate with and load balance between the servers in the cluster. Users will never go directly to the mappings in those fields.

Connect doesn't care or have a way to care where users are coming from. If you have the abilities to set up rules on your firewall or load balancers that can detect internal vs. external traffic, then that is what you would be setting up. The configuration you are asking for is external to Connect.

#5 2020-06-10 09:16:41

Farhad

thanks for your great guide. :)

Board footer