Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-02-10 04:47:21

djalpha

Import only PRINCIPALS from 9.5 to 10.6 (hard work?)

i was fresh install windows server and nes 10.6.0 adobe connect
i have old server with  5000 users
I don't need any content from old Seminar server!  Just Users with currently passwords.
Standart user export report to CSV and import to new server not  usable for this work !

i found my way.
of course i know old version and new adobe many different fields, tables and Columns. 
Before this steps please create  2-3 different account with passwords for testing login after importing to new server.

step 1
i was export script from old db (only DATA)  import te new database with sql managment studio
connect to old server and export datas from this tables
PPS_ACLS
PPS_ACL_ENTRIES
PPS_ACL_QUOTAS
PPS_ACL_FIELDS
PPS_ACL_PREFERENCES
PPS_ACL_ROLLUP
PPS_PRINCIPALS
PPS_USERS

TL6zFS00TGy9EbEJl1EVwQ.jpeg

and

9MwTvf2MR4u1V2qjG1-n5Q.jpeg

step 2

after sctipt.sql export pls open with text editor and edit last line of PPS_USERS   from   NULL)   to  0)     
Note: you can add all PPS_USERS  to other text and can be use  Replace All function.

step 3

Run this script to new databes.  You can see many red  dublicate errors but not importand. 
importand is many (1 row affected)  notes.  Becasue import script don't touch anything in new server.   

step 4
try login to new server with created old accounts.

now transfered all old users with groups to new fresh installed server

I wonder if there's any other way.  And must be export any other importand tables from old server?

Last edited by djalpha (2020-02-10 04:52:58)

#2 2020-02-10 11:28:16

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Import only PRINCIPALS from 9.5 to 10.6 (hard work?)

When you are upgrading a Connect server or cluster, there is really only the option to use all old data or all new data.

To use all the old data you can either upgrade the existing deployment by running the installer on the server(s) that were currently being used. Alternatively, if you are migrating to new hardware when doing the upgrade, you would need to bring your Content folder to the new sever(s) or point the new deployment to the old NAS storage location. Then point the new server(s) to the old DB or migrate the old DB to a new SQL server and point the deployment to that. If the migration of the content and DB is done after installing the new version of Connect, you may need to run the SQL scrips from the installer to bring the DB up to date with what the new version of Connect is using.

Otherwise, do a fresh install and then import users, you can do this with a CSV or manually. This creates new users and assigns permissions correctly.

As you saw, doing a partial import of DB information creates issues and has broken connections due to SCO IDs being different or  nonexistent and objects just not being there. You don't see the Seminar rooms, because they don't exist in your new deployment of Connect. They aren't in the Content folder and the DB has no record of them.

#3 2020-02-11 07:30:00

djalpha

Re: Import only PRINCIPALS from 9.5 to 10.6 (hard work?)

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

When you are upgrading a Connect server or cluster, there is really only the option to use all old data or all new data.

i need setup new, fresh windows server registry, fresh adobe connect without contents (database 6 GB with user session logs,  webspace under C:/Connect  70 GB)
I don't need use old datas without users login details

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Otherwise, do a fresh install and then import users, you can do this with a CSV or manually. This creates new users and assigns permissions correctly.

i dont need give any new temprory passwords, becasue all users sync with joomla event manager website database, my event registration website connected with  Adobe Connect server with API

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

You don't see the Seminar rooms, because they don't exist in your new deployment of Connect.

correct,  users don'u use adobe connect user panel.  nobody use.   Users only use  Seminer login pace  with email/pass  to join seminar.

this method best way for me.    one week after we try one seminar with new seminar server.  we shall see.

thank you :)

Board footer