Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-01-21 10:22:19

JuRo

no more sound after a certain time

Hi there,
The other Day I run an Adobe Connect Meeting with audio call-in option. Finally nobody has used this option and after 2 hours we heard this message.
"
This conference appears to be inactive and will be ended soon.
If you are the host and wish to continue the conversation please press any key on your telephone touchpad.
"
...and a few seconds after no participant could hear us anymore (Video was still on).
As I had no control on their audio rights so we had to endup in the chat room.

Does anybody have any clue on what is this issue and how to fix it ?

Thanks for your help
JuRo

P.S. : the day before there was no message but music instead. Then the same occured.

#2 2020-01-21 10:48:41

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: no more sound after a certain time

It sounds like you were using a mix of telephone and VoIP audio. If you are using a telephone bridge, most providers require someone to be connected to the bridge as the Host/Leader. If no one connects with that credential, then it will disconnect and you will either get music or the message saying it will disconnect and then it will hang up.

In my experience, the Meeting Host should join the phone bridge if one is being used. This usually prevents this issue.

I recommend you talk with your reseller and/or teleconferencing provider to get any further clarification about how to prevent this issue.

#3 2020-01-24 10:05:15

JuRo

Re: no more sound after a certain time

Thank you CoSo,
Our provider has confirmed :
"Without a Host, participant dial-in will not be accepted and after 2 hours a security timeout will close the Audio room."

Yours, JuRo

Board footer