Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-12-10 11:39:54

Battenberg

Connection Problems or Just Leaving?

Is it possible to tell - e.g. via a log somewhere (we have the hosted version of Connect) - whether a guess participant who disappears has been disconnected, or has chosen to leave?  I'm expecting the answer to be no, but I thought I'd ask!

We use Connect to teach school-age students, and some of them leave the lessons early, claiming that they've had connection problems and have been disconnected.  As they all have broadband connections, and in many cases fibre, we suspect that they're just leaving because they don't want to be there.  Is there any way of telling the difference?

#2 2019-12-18 12:09:06

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Connection Problems or Just Leaving?

No. Connect has no way to see the different between a user closing the application vs. having a loss of connectivity.

If there were multiple students in one location and only one is having an issue, then it is likely not bandwidth on their end. It could be congestion on a wireless access point or something along those lines, but that seems like a long shot.

If all students at the same location are seeing the issue, they are either very well coordinated or are actually experiencing connectivity issues. There may be congestion from the volume of internet traffic that location is seeing or some network policy that gives other traffic priority or blocks streaming data after a specific amount of time to deter the use of sites like YouTube and Netflix.

But without involving someone who is responsible for the network on their end it would be incredibly hard to nail down.

#3 2019-12-19 15:05:23

DJB

I am noticing a variation in the reporting? I see some with time and time out - then others with just time in noted? I wonder if this is reflective of whether they come in via Classic or the new browser option?

#4 2019-12-20 19:07:17

Jorma_at_CoSo

Usually the lack of a time out means that Connect is still in it's grace period where it is giving the user a chance to reconnect, just in case it was a connectivity issue.

Give it 7-15 min and it will likely show a time out.

Board footer