Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-11-14 15:25:50

cuc1573762960

Can not upload PowerPoint into Adobe Connect from Mac OS Catalina

I have the latest Mac Catalina release, as well as the latest Adobe Connect release.  When I try to upload a PPT or PPTX it fails.  It completes the upload, but then during the "conversion" it says unable to use the file.

The only work around seems to be to keep the PPT on the desktop and share the screen which works fine, but isn't the usual functionality.

Anyone discover a solution?

All security settings are updated giving adobe access to files, screen share, etc.  What am I missing?

#2 2019-11-15 05:31:16

NeilHepworth

Re: Can not upload PowerPoint into Adobe Connect from Mac OS Catalina

Presume this is on a recent Connect release?
Had similar problems 10.5 onwards from Windows10, had to carefully review ppt content to isolate what was causing issues.
Try a very basic ppt/ensure nothing spurious in design and restrict slide content to basic text.  Do you still get the problem?

#3 2019-11-19 11:35:38

Jorma_at_CoSo

I see issues if the PPT file is being actively synced by a cloud backup solution (OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.). Closing the PPT and uploading the file while it isn't open in PPT seems to resolve that issue.

#4 2019-12-19 15:18:34

DJB

We have constant problems since the upgrade - white lines around images on the slide - non performing animated bullet feeds, lack of transitions such as fading in or out. One PPTX I had to render back to PPT and change all the fonts to Helvetica only. Kind of destroyed the graphic design and teaching elements. Otherwise we had that some problem - taking for EVER to upload and then that spiral of death message 'being processed' but never was, or can't be processed. We use Mac Mojave at the moment - putting off going to Catalina until we get through the year end crunch time for CEUs.

For now we screen share running the presentation on the desktop.

#5 2019-12-20 19:09:17

Jorma_at_CoSo

Every version of Connect 10 that get released is full of fixes and improvements. Keep in mind we are all moving to a new technology with HTML and the conversion process of content is new. Please report the issues to the Adobe Support team so they can be addressed.

#6 2020-05-10 00:15:14

cuc1589087441

I recently upgraded to Catalina OSx and now cannot launch the Connect app.  I have a class on Tuesday so I need help fast...I've tried everything I can think of.  Previously on Mojave, I could launch the app but it would freeze and go non-responding on me each and every time I was in a meeting room.  Help please!

#7 2020-06-07 21:13:07

Pratibha

I have this same problem of freezing of the app in Mojave’s and am having to use the adobe connect meeting in the browser which is not very good my use. I have a support ticket with adobe but they have not gotten back to me yet. Everything was working fine till about two weeks ago. Now, I’m unable to use the desktop app due to freezes almost every 10 minutes.

Board footer