Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-11-06 11:34:19

e-slinger

Lock the order of documents in the Files Pod?

All,

An oldie but a goodie...has anyone figured out a way to lock the order of the files that a host uploads to the Files Pod?

On upload, the user sees the files, but the order of those files differs from user to user. I have tried uploading them and changing the name to numbers, etc to try to freeze them in place.

Use case:
I have 3 exercise files, and want them to work through them each in a certain order. Instead of having 3 sep pods, all 3 files uploaded to a single file pod. The result is confusion if user A sees file 2 before file 1, but user B sees file 3 before file 1.

I would like the name to lock them into place for all.

Thoughts??

#2 2019-11-12 11:19:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Lock the order of documents in the Files Pod?

Maybe this will change with the HTML version of Connect? We can hope!

I'll relay this to Adobe to see if it can be worked into one of the many upcoming releases.

#3 2019-11-12 17:17:25

alistairlee

Re: Lock the order of documents in the Files Pod?

Thanks Jorma and e-slinger.

It's not possible today, but it's something we are working to add in the future and we've got some great ideas on how to implement it. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, if it's critical, I have found one workaround. The Files pod doesn't function very differently than the Web Links pod. When you click on a file, you're essentially given a link to download it from Adobe Connect. If you made a note of each of the links you get from the Files pod, you could instead use them in a Web Links pod, or add them to a PowerPoint slide where you'd have complete control over the order, as well as the formatting (and even the font). You wouldn't even need the Files pod on the layout.

Board footer